5 Card Draw Questions

G

gavinmgraham

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First, please let me know if this has been covered, I searched but didn't come up with anything useful. Combining that with the intertube rule of "If its not on the first page, it's time for a new thread", I'm starting a new one.

I played 5CD in 3 SnG's on Saturday and got 2nd place twice (I don't want to talk about the first one:mad:). I feel like I did pretty good until heads up. I had close to 5000 checks and my opponent had around 500. My question is; How the hell do I play heads up effectively? 'Cause the way I did it was wrong in every sense of the word.
Any help/ideas?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really play much five card draw (next to none, actually) but the principles for heads up ought to be similar to other forms of the game - play aggressively and look to get all the money in holding a hand with showdown value.

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its the same as hold-em. donk like a mad man. A-rag is awesome, raise. K-rag is awesome, raise. (which means...raise if you have a K or A in your hand). any pair, awesome, raise. flush/straight draws...raise. if you get the chance and have a high pair...don't draw any cards, stay still and bet it out. draw is a game you can bluff to the point of insanity to the right opponent. be nasty. i don't know how these 5draw sng's go, i take it they're limit though. raise-reraise...you will have had enough time to have an idea how the person plays unless they're decent.