5 card draw

L

LOUKAS796

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here in greece we have a lot information about texas holdem,omaha and stud,but nothing about 5 card draw,american players knows very well the game.Is any good strategy book about 5 card draw...than a lot!:)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About the strategy of the game in 5 Card Draw is written quite a bit. On the Internet you can find articles (for example Michael Wiesenberg), but very few specialized books.

L

LOUKAS796

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i see your anwser now,thank you a lot for the uselles information.a last question,book of mister Nesmith c.Ankeny,winning with game theory is so good as i read in the furum!?

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i see your anwser now,thank you a lot for the uselles information.a last question,book of mister Nesmith c.Ankeny,winning with game theory is so good as i read in the furum!?

how someone gives you a answer about what you want and you call useless information? I really hope you used the word be mistake.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

how someone gives you a answer about what you want and you call useless information? I really hope you used the word be mistake.

I'm almost certain he did, the fact that he got most of it right and English isn't his first language is pretty good. :)

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm almost certain he did, the fact that he got most of it right and English isn't his first language is pretty good. :)

Yep I hope so. Even me used "be" instead of "by" in "by mistake"

L

LOUKAS796

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry for the upheaval I have caused, English is not my first language.I am trying to improve them, surely the forum will help in that. Thank you for your patience (the correct word was "useful"),

Leon Lafferty

Leon Lafferty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
5 Card draw

I am fairly sure there are books about 5 Card Draw, although I've never read one myself. I learned to play 5 Card Draw from my father. He was an amateur player from the '50s, but he was good enough that he could have been a pro.

Unfortunately, living & working on the East Coast of canada (& having a family) it was not really a place to become a pro poker player. The first thing he told me was that there were three rules when you're sitting down at a table to play real money poker. First, have more money than anyone else at the table, two, within the first 5 hands, bluff and lose, and third, you have to be able to afford to lose the money you bring to the table; if your playing with your rent money, you have a good chance to lose it.

I think these rules are still appropriate for playing today, including playing Hold'em.