4-tabling 6max 25nl

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately I found myself sitting here talking to myself for an hour again with a broken mic (dumbass forgot it didn't work anymore; I think I'm going senile at age 21), so the it's turned from an instructional to an entertainment vid.

Anyways, the theme of the vid was playing 6-max, and how tight-aggressive, solid play will definitely net you a profit. I switch from tag to lag roughly halfway through (you'll know when) and start attempting to show different ways of playing lag (ie floating, 3-betting light, squeezing, bluffing scare cards etc).

Overall I'd say just stick to tag at 6-max 25nl and down because players are just too loose for you to be able to bluff them unless you've got excellent hand reading skills and can squeeze out every edge. fwiw I ran very well this vid and would realistically stick to tag myself as well.

Anyways, fun vid, not much educational value left in it...but here's teh link: [old link~tb]
1hr7mins long, 91.3mb

Last edited by a moderator:
Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheers Chuck look forward to watching this.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow you were on a heater of a session there. As a matter of interest what were your stats for the session?

Pity about the sound as I would of liked to hear your thoughts. I have some hands I'd like to discuss if I may.

20 mins - top right table you had 79s on the button, utg raise, you folded. Do you ever play these hands i/p, or even raise them?

30 mins - top left table you hit a set, villains pushes on river I think there was a str8 dr etc on board, easy call?

46 mins - top right again - really like your thoughts on the river push here. What on god's earth was he doing? Did you ever expect him to call with a hand worse that yours?

Just another query Chuck, Why the 3.5 x bb raise and not 4 x bb. Just personal pref or is there some hidden strategy behind it?

benevg

benevg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All download slots assigned to your country (Bulgaria) are currently in use
i believe those amount to exactly 0. at least i always get the message.
oh well, i guess i will install the stupid toolbar :-/

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
benevg, I'll upload the video to Rapidshare for you :)

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe those amount to exactly 0. at least i always get the message.
oh well, i guess i will install the stupid toolbar :-/
yeppers, u have to download toolbar
i got that same message till i d/loaded it it,,, now i get the vids

d/loading vid now

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow you were on a heater of a session there. As a matter of interest what were your stats for the session?

sure, see below.

Pity about the sound as I would of liked to hear your thoughts. I have some hands I'd like to discuss if I may.

20 mins - top right table you had 79s on the button, utg raise, you folded. Do you ever play these hands i/p, or even raise them?

Well I don't usually play 6-max, but I'll definitely float people if I think I can make some moves on them postflop in FR. I'll also call based purely on implied odds.

I'm rarely if ever raising an utg raiser, but I will definitely resteal with these hands vs chronic stealers in late position. Serves as a nice balancing play.

30 mins - top left table you hit a set, villains pushes on river I think there was a str8 dr etc on board, easy call?

Well given villain was a maniac I think we have to call there, but I remember commenting in the video and saying 'this is exactly how he plays with a 6 (straight), but there are too many bluffs and other weird hands in his range not to pay him off'. It was kind of tough.

46 mins - top right again - really like your thoughts on the river push here. What on god's earth was he doing? Did you ever expect him to call with a hand worse that yours?

I'd targeted this guy since the second I sat down. I think I'd bluffed him a couple times and could tell he didn't like it, so I decided to make my future bets look like bluffs.

He's just a huge fish, so basically I established a slightly aggressive image, and value bet the hell out of him. I'm pretty surprised I took that much off him OOP - I remember saying at the beginning that I had the worst seat at the table. Anyways, the cards just ran ridiculously hot for me too.

Just another query Chuck, Why the 3.5 x bb raise and not 4 x bb. Just personal pref or is there some hidden strategy behind it?

That's my betpot script, customized to my preference. I just find while 4BB serves a good purpose for value, it's a little expensive for steals. I also think 3BB is obv much better for steals, but doesn't quite get the amount of money in the pot that I'd like. Just nit-picking there :)

Last edited by a moderator: