My 4 beginner mistakes

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly don't remember my mistakes when I started, but I can say that play was about 5 years ago much easier than it is now. Errors are not committed only the one who does not play.

sunirico

sunirico

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly don't remember my mistakes when I started, but I can say that play was about 5 years ago much easier than it is now. Errors are not committed only the one who does not play.

Easier and much more fun too. My favourite hand used to deuce-tray (23) back then I couldn't tell you the difference between suited and off. If I got dealt 23 I was all in... winning with this hand was always spectacular.

These days I just can't get myself to play the hand anymore... it's loosing money. So I have to sit back and watch others who do dare... less fun.

Last edited:
johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i first started playing poker my first mistakes were :
1.Overvaluing pairs against passive players
2.Too much slowplaying and not enough value betting
3.Poor decisions preflop
4.not being able to quit when i got tilt

Which were yours ?

All of the above. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easier and much more fun too. My favourite hand used to deuce-tray (23) back then I couldn't tell you the difference between suited and off. If I got dealt 23 I was all in... winning with this hand was always spectacular.

These days I just can't get myself to play the hand anymore... it's loosing money. So I have to sit back and watch others who do dare... less fun.

+1:bike:

L

lastpostal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I started to lose, I did not leave for a break from the game

D

denis77782m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My main mistake was that I tried to see everything, right up to the river, and I called any bet, but I did not put pressure on my opponent's hands either. Now I have learned to assess the range of the opponent, and assess their chances. and I know when to put, and when to fold

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Priceless. The steps every beginner should pass by. I just can't believe that somebody can become good player without some fails on stuff like this.

D

dpucciarelli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not quitting when you are tilt is one the biggest mistakes i have made. Also poor BR management.

Andrei Nesterenko1

Andrei Nesterenko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of my mistakes were due to overestimation of my kicker and unwillingness to fold pocket pair with an obviously bad flop for me

R

RobAnaes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have made almost all of the mistakes here, I did read the theory of poker though! Still find it hard to sit tight after a bad hand in tournaments, tilt off rest of my chips.

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. No knowing when to fold.2. Not taking the kicker into thought. I.e. if I played 10 9s and the board came ATT 2 K. I would be calling big bets or being very aggressive. Then some1 would turn over QT or AT even though three of a kind is a strong hand but with aces and Kings on the board there is a good chance some 1 has AT or KT. But I would be blind to this .
3. Not taking chances to trap ppl. Betting when I should be checking.
4. Not thinking about position. I.e.. raising from BB with mediocre hands 66. 77. A3 A5 and the list goes on.

The main thing is I have noticed all theese things. Sometimes when I play now I can recognise situations when mibby a year ago I would of done something stupid. . All in with 33 from UG1 or something like that. Calling with ace high in big pots.

Your live and learn and I can definitely say I'm a better player than that now.
Learn from your mistakes

Milosika1991

Milosika1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My definitely is number 4 and now I sometimes have problems with this error ... It's just such a character or some other problem, I have no idea ...:D

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
My biggest mistake ever was going all in or betting/calling big on a single hand

You don't want to play your entire stack on a single hand, unless you are nuts.

shikah

shikah

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my personal biggy was far too many chips and too much focus lost chasing what was never to be, i have since corrected my play which for me was detrimental to my finally getting placed ITM in tournaments.

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is my second post to this thread. I've read threw everyones mistakes and although I gave my 5 mistakes on my 1st post after reading everyone else's I can definitely add a few the main 1 being playing crap out of position anyway my point is that it's a good sign that this thread has had so many comments it means ppl r reconising there mistakes with is the main thing. I definitely recognise situations in my game wer I can say "a year ago I wouldn't of done that" recognise your mistakes and learn from themy poker is a game that I can always do something a little bit better/different each time u play.

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing at micro stake tables :D
playing too many hands
hoping too much from river
playing against gamblers :)'

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not being able to fold top pair good kicker type hands. I think it took me a while to lay down hands like this even when your obviously behind.