Meer_Leverkuzen888

Meer_Leverkuzen888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
How rare is it to get four of a kind...? But then it can happen two or three times in a day after a few months or so...

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The likelihood is around every 4k hands.

So let's say you play 5k hands a month, then you should receive quads around once per month.

If you have not seen it for several months, "they're overdue" and observing them 2 or 3 times brings it back to average frequency.

Basically another type of variance in poker. :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its great to have quads, because you are almost 100% sure to win the hand. But its actually not the most profitable hand to make, since you have so much board lock, its difficult for the opponent to have something, they can pay you with. On a board like JJ6 I would rather have 66 than JJ, because if I have 66, the opponent can have JX and put a lot of chips in with a second best hand.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
The odds of 4164:1 are considered small, but it is quite common in online poker. Of course, this can also be attributed to the speed of online poker, where you can view up to 20 hands in 1 minute while 'zoom' games.
There is not much chance to get AA 2x-3x in a row, but this is also quite common (at the same table).

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 of a kind is more common in Omaha, but it should occur less often in NLHE.
With 12-hour grinds on 16 tables a day, you might have a chance.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is rare, but not unheard of. I got Four of a kind yesterday and got all of the chips in by the river (and got paid off). Ah, freerolls are good :D Must have felt amazing to get a Royal Flush at the wsop Main Event:

Attachments

• 2024.03.02.png
    2024.03.02.png
    526.3 KB · Views: 3
R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We witness it far more often than mathematically possible. The same is true for royal flushes.

B

Broz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I don't even hit a set, let alone hit four-of-a-kind. I've never even seen it. :confused:

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even hit a set, let alone hit four-of-a-kind. I've never even seen it. :confused:
It happens eventually; just keep playing lots of poker and you'll encounter those rare hands sooner or later.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have a four about ten times of all my career and I try to win two my stacks

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's only a matter of time, and something like that will happen again and again. Rather, it is the confrontation between four of a kind that is rare.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
this will very rarely happen once a month, sometimes twice a month, but since we play a lot of tables and a lot of hands, you may see him a little more than 2 times a month, but it's also rare. Just play and don't worry how many times you see a square on the table is the main winning hand and which one won't matter