3betting marginal hands

D

donka_axe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Is it good or bad to 3 bet Marginal hands ? . For eg is it good to call J10 or Q10amd K10 suited if I get 4 bet or should I fold ?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Is it good or bad to 3 bet Marginal hands ? . For eg is it good to call J10 or Q10amd K10 suited if I get 4 bet or should I fold ?

It depends. (your question needs much more info. for a decent response to it)

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you 3bet marginal hands, you fold to the 4bet. That's the point of polarising

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It's easier to reset... It's better to play by your own rules than by someone else's )

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
It depends on who is 4 betting you. The first question you should ask yourself when you 3 bet with any hand is who is going to 4 bet me. If you are never getting 4 bet then yeah blast away with marginal hands 3 betting. Hopefully you will be in position if you get a caller. If you are getting 4 bet a lot then 3 betting these hands could be trouble. Calling a 4 bet is going to tricky to play post flop because now the pot is getting bloated. You will be playing a big pot with not so strong cards, possibly out of position. This is great for the 4 better, not so much for you. Good luck!

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unless there is a distance against the player, then I think it’s not worth expanding the range, but playing more tightly, if the player is playing loose then it’s too early, as for me with such hands it’s not worth aggravating the situation

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is really dependent on the villan/s. Does the villan fold to too many 3bets or do they raise too often.

3b stats take a long time to become significant so you want to be careful and look at your sample size.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
You have to decide how your opponent plays. If you 3bet a tight player with those hands perhaps understanding what he would raise initially with is importatnt. Those plays start with a tight range and will 4bet or call. They are usually not going to fold.
LAGs on the other hand may call or 4bet you. Do you want to be stuck with a marginal hand aginst the LAG.
I would fold marginnal hands to a 3bet, unless you are very confident playing flops with uncompetitve starting hand.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is bed hand to 3 bet and if someone do 4 bet you must fold and wait for good hand

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands