3bet all in preflop

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At work stack size does villain need to have To 3bet shove? Instead of raising 3/4x there raise? I was thinking anything below 50bb

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
50 BBs is not nearly as small as you're making it to be. The open bet preflop is usually around 2.25 BBs and the standard 3-bet would be 3~3.75 times that. For simplicity, let's say a 3-bet is usually close to 9 BBs. Of course, you will want to have a decent stack to play that hand after the flop, so if 9 BBs is a substantial percentage of your stack, you have to shove. In general I think that any bet that would take more than 33% of my stack is worthy of going all in. In that case, if you have less than 27 BBs and want to 3-bet, it's ok to consider going all in. If your stack is bigger than that, it's better to play the flop and see if it's worth risking all your chips.

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
50 BBs is not nearly as small as you're making it to be. The open bet preflop is usually around 2.25 BBs and the standard 3-bet would be 3~3.75 times that. For simplicity, let's say a 3-bet is usually close to 9 BBs. Of course, you will want to have a decent stack to play that hand after the flop, so if 9 BBs is a substantial percentage of your stack, you have to shove. In general I think that any bet that would take more than 33% of my stack is worthy of going all in. In that case, if you have less than 27 BBs and want to 3-bet, it's ok to consider going all in. If your stack is bigger than that, it's better to play the flop and see if it's worth risking all your chips.
I see what you mean but lets say I’m playing a fr2nl vs a fish with 50c left in his stack he raises pre to 6c I would normally be 3betting him to around 24c and if he called I’d be shoving flop giving him a chance to get away but if I jam with my value hand E.g. kings+ they tend to call light in my experience but tend to check fold flop more than they should?

nml

nml

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see what you mean but lets say I’m playing a fr2nl vs a fish with 50c left in his stack he raises pre to 6c I would normally be 3betting him to around 24c and if he called I’d be shoving flop giving him a chance to get away but if I jam with my value hand E.g. kings+ they tend to call light in my experience but tend to check fold flop more than they should?

If you’re playing .01/.02, I think you’ll find that a fish like you’re describing is going to have a REALLY hard time getting away post flop even if he completely misses. Players just do not give enough credit to your big bets.

As an example, I had a hand yesterday where MP opened for 2.5 BB, I reraised to 10 BB from the BB with AKo, he reraised to 30 BB, and I called. Flop came AK7 rainbow, I check, and he shoved his remaining 30 BB. Obviously I called and he flipped over JJ.

Obviously it’s a terrible bet because I have SO many Ax/Kx in my range and I’m only calling when he’s beat, but that’s what you’re dealing with at this level. Especially when you show a bit of weakness with a check there.

I don’t think anyone would ever fault you for getting your stack in with KK/AK/AA preflop, and I do agree that you’ll get a lot of calls there with smaller pocket pairs. But these players are also really bad post flop so I’m fine calling and then just outplay them

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might just mix it up then if someone utg I might shove I had one yesterday I 3 bet Shoved and got called by 42s 😂 for 200bb deep

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank U 4 Posting.

At the lower limits Villains do not play GTO. Therefore we play exploitable strategies vs these villains. You have noticed that your V's are calling shoves preflop. Therefore you should be shoving preflop.

The refinement you would apply is to know which players will call a shove and those that will not and just raise not shove value vs those players who fold.

Hope this helps
:):)