22 vs AK suited Heads-Up. Odds?

P

PoisonSaint

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the odds of a drawing hand like AK suited winning against 22 Heads-Up? I don't know how to look it up. I'm just curious.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just going off the top of my head here. Someone with a working copy of pokerstove can get you the exact numbers. Anyway, as far as I remember being suited makes this very, very close to 50-50 and 2-2 is about a 55-45 favorite over A-Koff-suit. But, I'm not really a math guy so maybe one of the geeks on the forum here can supply the exact numbers.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can tell by your question that you are probably not thinking about it the right way.

Don't call AK a drawing hand.

equity vs. a single hand is largely irrelevant because you are not playing against a single hand but a range of hands.

For example, 22 is a 53-47 favorite over AKo and 50-50 vs. AKs but an underdog to JTs.

This is again largely irrelevant because these numbers assume showdown which is obviously not guaranteed. There are few times when you would open-fold AK or fold it to a single raise whereas there are many times when you would open-fold 22 or fold 22 to a single raise. Also when someone with AK raises and you call with 22, you have a hard time realizing your equity on a QTx board even if AK doesn't improve.

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator