2 Pair not on hand on the River???

XChess1971

XChess1971

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I wonder how many opponent won when the only pair that is in her is not how she won according to the website!!!!! It happened on the river.
Any info on this???Screenshot 20240201 123618 Chrome

XChess1971

XChess1971

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Thanks for the answer. I forgot that even when it is not in her hand. Still her K counts as a kicker with whatever is on the board!
But I was wondering if instead of the 9♣ it had been a 2♣ who would have won???

Last edited:
Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Спасибо за ответ. Я забыл об этом, даже когда его не было у нее в руке. Тем не менее, ее К считается кикером независимо от того, что находится на доске!
Но мне было интересно, если бы вместо 9♣ было бы 2♣, кто бы выиграл???
if you came 2 for place 9, you would win because 5 cards are the winner, but since 9 were drawn, he made 2 pairs like you and you had a smaller pair than he just need to play more poker and you will understand the mechanics of poker and learn how to play in the future

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Thanks for the answer. I forgot that even when it is not in her hand. Still her K counts as a kicker with whatever is on the board!
But I was wondering if instead of the 9♣ it had been a 2♣ who would have won???
... You would have won in that case👍

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder how many opponent won when the only pair that is in her is not how she won according to the website!!!!! It happened on the river.
Any info on this???View attachment 352887
When you hold a small pocket pair, and the board has two larger pairs, you are done. Your pp is nullified. Fold or if you think you can get villain to fold, bet. You will lose if the hand is shown down.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Интересно, сколько выиграла соперница, если единственная пара, которая у нее есть, не такая, как она выиграла, согласно сайту!!!!! Это произошло на реке.
Есть какая-нибудь информация по этому поводу???View attachment 352887
It’s strange that: You are from the USA and don’t know the rules of playing poker. For some reason I thought that in your country everyone knows how to play this card game. This is equivalent: if I didn’t know how to play Debertz or Durak.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both players had low pairs (55 and 66), which got counterfeited on the river. In NLH you can only use 5 cards to make the winning hand, and therefore there is no such thing as "3 pairs". 66 ended up with AA996 for 2 pair AA99 with a 6 kicker, while K5 ended up with AA99K for 2 pair AA99 with a better K kicker.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it happens all the time it's very frustrating!

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's a situation to think about, because the hero can come in with 66 and the villain payer with 72 and then he's paying and folds the second pair over on the river and takes the hand. It's very annoying.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's very frustrating!

It's very annoying.
Nobody loves a bad board runout or losing a hand. But once you have learned to read boards, it is at least very obvious, what happened, when you get coounterfeited. In this hand apparently the villain started with almost no chips and was all-in preflop. So the whole hand was not particularly important anyway. But if it had been a normal hand with chips left behind on the river, then 66 should at least consider bluffing, since it now completely lack showdown value, and if it can get even some busted diamond draw to fold, thats a great outcome. For K5 the river card did not change the situation all that much. The hand was a bluff catcher on the flop and turn, and it was still a bluff catcher on the river.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands