2-7 Triple Draw Question???

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friends and I were playing a two through seven triple draw tournament tonight. And he lost a hand with 23578... his opponent had 23679 and he won the hand..... I don't understand why the opponent won there? It seemed obvious that my friend had the better hand so if anyone could explain this I'd appreciate it LOL:)

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Were all of his cards suited?

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could your friend have had a flush?

If not then rules were broken and maybe you dont want to play there anymore

Otherwise bad dealer error...call the floor before next hand.

M

marinaki85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Broken rules is my first thought.And my second is that your friends cards was suited..

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah alot players not know,flush is high on 27 triple draw.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Were all of his cards suited?

The only logical explanation. If playing online, unlikely to be a software problem.

In the recent cardschat free roll, on tables that I was playing, a number of players got caught out with this rule. It was the first time I had played the game and I really enjoyed it, so thanks cardschat.

Also, congratulations on your 3rd place toots.

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh ty guys , it was driving us crazy he did not have a flush I was there and saw it myself. No suited cards LOL this was a freeroll we were playing on seals.. so I guess it was a software error then good to know and thank you for the help!!

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SwC has had issues for years (assuming this is the site you mean) so I wouldnt get too invested with them anyways moving forward.

Definitely get with their techs and show them a hand history (if available) and get them to fix it.

Are you sure the hands were as you say? Do you have a hand history? As screwy as SwC is its hard to imagine such a blatant error in their engine.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Must have been a flush. I'd lean toward that.

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was just a silly free roll a to chip free roll LOL. I appreciate your guys answers. My friend said he was going to send them an email about it also but he definitely did not have a flush so I DK LOL...... I'll leave it up to him to write to their support and if I ever find out any more info I will post it here but thanks again...... there's always the chance my friend might have made a mistake in his hand but we'll see what happens next time LOL