With 1000 chips against people with 30000 chips, how to proceed and what to consider when playing high blind, tide with KJ, QK, AK

C

Chiller

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
As soon as you have such a hand the blind are low first check if JMT with 30000 chips wants to watch the blind steal for 2 rounds and roll in with JQ, A3, A4, QJ, KA, and then good luck.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I go for broke and almost always succeed! :):)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
We always take into account the smaller stack in a heads up situations post flop , we call that ''effective stack'' . You didn't give us any information about the blinds but I guess you are talking somewhere between 5bb-20 bbs . The hands you are giving us could easily be a defend in the BB but also they are good candidates for 3bet / 3bet jams but your question is super general. Before any action you should take into account:
-if the open raiser has folding equity
-stage of the tournament - I mean if you have ICM considerations in order to play wider or tighter.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
All in.
(If the blinds are high)
Dying fighting is better than be dead by the blinds.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's all in and hope to hit your cards, you being short stack can't be otherwise
“Success is the ability to go from defeat to defeat without losing your enthusiasm.”

Poker Chips - History of Chips