What is Your Least Favorite Strong Starting Hand?

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mind is JJ because people love to play KQ AJ AT AX AK AA QQ KK there are so many hands that beat it that people love to play and so often they are right there aginst you and guess what bamm they hit there flop and you end up praying for jack on turn or river there rearly comes so your beat LOL that's why I hate jacks.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think AK is the most overplayed overrated hand period. Don't believe just watch how many times it loses compares to wins. Talking all ins? AK loses there as well more then it wins by a long shot...

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I do not feel comfy when I leave AA, it's as if the table will force me to play, and very often, to lose by all-ins

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow, lots of paint pairs and even Aces dislikes. Mine is A-9. I don't play it at a full
table.:drunken_s

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket Jacks for me is a problem hand. I often find myself in a situation when I don’t know what to do.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ suited , It always seems that when I get this hand someone comes along with A/J and so Naturally we both hit on the flop and the opp always hits the runner on the river. never Fails

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I struggle more with the 7s - 9s range pairs than JJ or higher. JJ is going to be ahead so much more often than 7s - 9s. Those pairs give me the impression of a stronger holding than I actually have and get me in trouble. Pairs lower than 7 I tend to play pretty passively unless I hit a set or it's late game/I'm short stacked.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine would be pocket Qs, I love the ladies but they never do me right:0)

Flatran

Flatran

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ, i have never won anything at all with that hand.. so frustrating.

V

vong400

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not talking about a 2 7 off suited. For example, for me it is J J. I seem to misplay that hand or have bad luck more often than not.
For me it's 66, this hand more likely bad luck for me if i raise, re-raise and or even by just calling to see the flop. Sometimes, it even hit trips, but still losing the hand to my opponent.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a j is my number one hand that is good but hardly ever works. That and pocket 10s. I watch other people play these 2 hands with impunity and always seeming to come up rosy with them. If I stop playing them, they automatically would have hit the board.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK is my least favorite good hand. I seem to get it a lot when I short in a tourney which normally seems great but time after time lose to straights or flushes. Rarely does it happen to be to a flopped Ace which I could better handle.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2-3 hearts...its a really good start, but easy beat with a flush high for instance

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KTo is my good hand less favorite, I lose chips most of the time that I play with this hand

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unlucky 10s

I have no luck with poket tens. I've lost every time with them. Maybe I should quit playing them. Definitely my least favorite good hand

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a 5 suited is my least favorite good hand
or low :cool:pairs next 234567

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I think JJ, it's kinda cursed, every time I got it an A, K or Q appears on board.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
AQs and AQu ....both have gotten me into trouble many, many times.

F

Freerollpass

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Low suited aces like A2s-A7s often get me in trouble when not hitting a flush draw

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My least favorite good hand is AQ or JJ. For the obvious reasons.

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My least favorite good hand is AQ or JJ. For the obvious reasons.

yes i totslly agree with you on that on as when you do have an aq theres a likely chance tht an opponent will have big slick (ak)
should not have called with the a
or when you have jj someone calls with a kq

tonight i had aq and someone had ak and won
next hand i had ak and someone had aa
next hand had ak and was beaten by 10 6
then the very next hand after that had ak and beaten by q 10
i was chip leader right through out the whole tourny only to not make it to the money and killed off in 4 hands

but reflecting back now i should never have called with the aq to begin with as i had at tht time so many lucky hands like all in a row eliminating like 8 players in 4 hands with straights/flushes and even fullhouses taking out nut flushes and 3 of a kind etc

but yeah i agree with ya

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ definitely. I have developed a fear of this hand by losing with it so many times. Could be of course me just playing it terribly. Now when I see it, I tend to keep pots as small as possible.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands