What % of Players Use a Poker Software?

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont play with any poker softwares...but sounds interesting. Anyone have any recommendations on which ones to check out? Id like to take a look into this. Thanks.
There are two main contestants - Poker Tracker 3 and Hold'Em Manager. Both offer free trials.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont play with any poker softwares...but sounds interesting. Anyone have any recommendations on which ones to check out? Id like to take a look into this. Thanks.
PokerTracker 3- You need to pay for it but it has a 60day trial. Tracking and Hud Program.

HoldemManager-Need to buy it aswell but has a 15day free trial. Tracking and Hud prgram

RealTime Hud- Free(voluntery donation) Hud.

PokerStove- Free equity calculator.

PokerRazor- Free(while in beta stage) equity calculator and rang explorer.

These 5 programs are all awsome and well worth geting imo.

I

ihavea4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i've been looking into pokertracker, and it looks pretty good, the only problem is i have a mac. and so far, they don't have it available for mac. does anyone know of any programs like these that are available for mac? i know PT3 is working on a mac compatible version, but it won't be out for a little while still.

P

Pavster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For Mac have a look at Poker Copilot.

It's not PT but has improved loads in the 8 or so months it's been going. 30 day trial and free upgrade to v2 at the moment.

19RK64

19RK64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't use programs to see other's stats at table, but do enjoy using programs to see past hand historys, use a program that I can look back and see MY stats and hands that are holding up, in what position and betting patterns of mine and where I am losing the most, with tournament stats as well, just an overall overlook of games and session, pair holdings ect.ect.ect. But im sure they are good programs to use, not saying anything their, just my prefference not to use anything at table. Maby someday I'll try one.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
19RK64

19RK64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Verry ture, thats why I don't count on a program while playing at the table. Hate to become more handicapped than what I am already am, also don't like to think I could wake up someday and not be alowed to play cause of my doings.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Verry ture, thats why I don't count on a program while playing at the table. Hate to become more handicapped than what I am already am, also don't like to think I could wake up someday and not be alowed to play cause of my doings.
Sorry to go off topic, but I really love that bright blue frizzy hairstyle that you and your g/f are sharing in the avatar photo! :D

19RK64

19RK64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to go off topic, but I really love that bright blue frizzy hairstyle that you and your g/f are sharing in the avatar photo! :D

LOL, thats my daughter,
RichandTaylor02.jpg

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry - you don't look as good without blue hair! :D

N

n2kfactor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont think many use it but its surely helpful to use one because it provides some real time stats with the huds

S

Sportsmenc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerTracker or Holdem Manager. These programs take your hand histories and pull all kinds of information out of them about not only the way that you are playing certain hands, but also your opponents. They also have HUDs that you can use to visualize it on screen during the game. These programs are much more accurate because they don't just use the information from the table that you are currently at, but from everytime that you have played those opponents. These programs help a lot more if you play a lot.

spranger

spranger

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
what do you mean by this? how is it that different playing with or without the software? i've been wondering this for a while. what specifically is helpful about this?

hey man im drunm as **** so might not make sense, but uo, efore i had a poker software i was li,e "wtf, im better than most of these idiots anyways who currs" but then once i got a poker trakcer i was like "whoa! theres a fish! whoa theres 3 right there! im gonna try to isolate em right away when i get a sick hand! all the sudden you can see like ~20 different fish on 9 tables, whatever amount of tables, youll see the fishies, and throughout the hand youll be able to almost tell what theyre doing, like depending on their vpip and other stats and stuff, its hard to explain when youre had too much beer but its great stuff

G

gkh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha was exactly the same way spranger. You really see what type of players they are. I have trouble paying attention to players and can't figure outwhat type of players they are unless very obviously. But after Ptracker, you see what type of player they are. Only setback to Ptracker i would say is it has made me lazy. I dont even try to pay attention players now, I just read the stats on them.

B

Bharat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your opinion about Poker softwares that offer poker gaming functionality and betting analysis? e.g. Poker Academy Professional and prospector software?

The professional is a poker game with hand analysis and prospector offer extended analysis features. I have used the demo version and i am quite impressed with the feature. Are there any other comparable software?

I would like to play on software and analysis basic kinks in my style. Once i am comfortable with my basic skills i will start playing online.

Thank you for your time.

http://www.poker-academy.com/

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just an opinion question.

Playing in a +1500, $26 buy in MTT the other night I was wondering just how many of these opponents use a Poker Software?

I enjoy these MTT's but do better at the SnG's.

Is it crazy that I've not already invested in a software?

Thanks

I try to keep a close track of the poker industry and therefore keep as close a tabs as possible on Forums, Sites, and yes Poker Software. My educated guess would be as you move up in MTT price the percentage of software use rises Dramatically (as well as those same players belonging to a quality video service).

It seems at the moment (and this changes quickly) the three best software are:

Holdem Manager
Poker Tracker
Poker Office

Although Poker Office seems to have trailed off a bit in popularity it used to be 1-2 with Poker Tracker until HEM made a mad rush to the top

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i would guess the majority of players that take the game seriously use/ have used some sort of tracking software/hud

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a tool for analysing you're play and keeping track of you're profit etc, it's invaluable. If you're a serious player, and it sounds it from the $26 buy in, you should definately invest, it won't touch the sides financially.