show your win cards or show your bluff?

qia1989

qia1989

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play 1.1$ 9 man SNG today in ft.and i find a player always show his bluff card after he win the pot,it sitmulate me much:mad: ,i never show my card after wining a pot,no matter it is bluff or something else,i hate the player,i know he want sb to call him when he is not bluff, do you come arcoss the situation?

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pretty much never show my cards, ever. It's information, and I never like giving out information. Maybe, MAYBE, if you know you can super-tilt some hothead by showing a bluff or something....but no, I don't think I'd even do that.

I'm sure a player more well-versed and comfortable with deception might want to show a bluff or two or something to mess with his table image, but that's just not for me.

If I'm in the big blind and I have 72o and everyone just folds around to me, I might show that just for laughs. But that's about it.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The only time I show my cards are when I'm playing with friends.. sometimes in CC games.

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
neither, don't let bluffs get to you, that what he wants

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards, with the exception of something rediculous like quads or Straight Flush.

However I do not mind other players showing there winning hands or bluffs. Just more information you have on them.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my hands.

Unless, I had just performed such a great bluff that I practically had to show.

Such as, raising a flop better HU, him re-raising me, and me re-raising him again.

I have to show that :)

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have shown my cards right after shoving

I have been in some situations where, in live tournaments, I was dealt monster hands but I had some players to act right after me who largely outchipped me, in an attempt to narrow the range of my opponents in a crucial moment of the tournament, and given the fact that after all I was also happy to win the pot preflop uncontested, I showed my hole cards after moving all-in and fortunately it worked well for me.

Elie_Yammine

Elie_Yammine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only hands ever meant to be shown are the hands you go to showdown with! that's the only thing you can and have to show because that's when you're getting the money! The other player payed the price to see those cards! otherwise it's just free information...(nothing to do with table image!that's only level 1 thinking!)

M

mastar147

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i show only when i got awesome hand whats awesome 4 of a kind royal :D

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I show a lot in CC games, but the only time I show outside of that is when it's down to 3 or 4 players in a SnG and I'm the leader. I'll show good hands if there are a couple of skiddish players that I know will fold decent hands later to my raises if I keep showing good cards when I win. But that's about the only time.

bredstik

bredstik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I virtually never show my cards, but will once in a while make an exception if I hit something huge like a straight/royal flush - maybe quads. Or maybe if I wanna stick it to someone with a stone cold bluff....

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll show my hands occassionally, especially when i want to change my table image. If I'm perceived as a loose player, I'll show a great hand. If they see me as a tight player, I'll show a bluff. Keep em guessing. I'll also show the rare straight/royal flush.

greywind50

greywind50

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my hands why give out information keep the uncertainty.

Z

Zeromaker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with greywind,maybe sometimes shows the monster:)

jbatesm

jbatesm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no need to show them unless your asking for everyone else at the table to gain information on you. Even if you are trying to get to a player on tilt, there is still other players at the table that can gain a read. I never show my cards unless I hit a royal flush or something and want to flaunt it.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you show your bluff you're more likely to get called the next time you try it. You can milk a cow daily but only shoot him once...

Misofer

Misofer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually show my bluff if is BIG BLUFF, I know I shouldn't but is to tempting. Also I show bluffs or winning cards when i'm with friends or is a monster.

You shouldn't be giving information to the other players, I realize that.
Is there a way to control this? :)

ugotkicked

ugotkicked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Show My Bluff?

I usally never show my cards, ESP a bluff
I dont bluff enough oh wait I bluff all the time
I don't remember the Question or the topic we are on.
I HAVE THE NUTS!!!!

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never intentionally show a successful bluff. I'm happy to show my hand if everyone folds to my big blind, particulary if I have a premium hand or 2-7. To me that's not giving away information, since the deck has no memory and I took no action.

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That kind of show does no good.People like doing that thing will pay one day.

aesopdurasic

aesopdurasic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards. I feel like by doing that ur giving some info away. the only cards i show are at showdown.

CntryBoys

CntryBoys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personally i never show my cards unless im playin with some one i know it gives away a little to much info wheter you are bluffing or not

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely show. If i get a monster, or from the bb when its folded to me (as stated above this doesnt give any info). One time I remember it helped me however, i was sitting in a live sng where you started with 100/100 blinds, and only 3000 chips (basically gambling, not going back there, but oh well). The blinds were 200/400, and i had only 1600 left. folded to my sb, i had t3o and shoved. the guy folded and i showed, as I pretty much needed a double up in the next orbit for a chance. Of course, next hand I pick up aj, got sucked out on by a8 >(

K

kevkojak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late in a MTT, or as a decent chip leader in a SnG I might turn off 'auto muck' and show a few bluffs. Its not a great idea to show them all, but if you think it might generate action on an otherwise tight table, you may just get a monster paid off!