Insulting Players

BuzzKillington

BuzzKillington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone who insults other players on an online poker site lacks emotional control and therefore can't be a good player. Not to mention that it is highly inappropriate.

This doesn't mean that you can't get pissed off by bad beats, but don't blame your opponent. And even if your opponent outsmarts you, then instead of getting angry, try to be curious instead. If someone manages to beat you like that, wouldn't you want to learn more about their strategy? Who knows, you might be able to apply it yourself.

T

TheDude1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't even think about it. Not going to let someone get in my head like that.

Davydave

Davydave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The internet lends itself to "tough guys" who hide behind their anonymity. online poker is no different, unfortunately.

JohnnyC4ge

JohnnyC4ge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone who insults other players on an online poker site lacks emotional control and therefore can't be a good player. Not to mention that it is highly inappropriate.

This doesn't mean that you can't get pissed off by bad beats, but don't blame your opponent. And even if your opponent outsmarts you, then instead of getting angry, try to be curious instead. If someone manages to beat you like that, wouldn't you want to learn more about their strategy? Who knows, you might be able to apply it yourself.

I think everybody agree to say that attitude is pathetic, in particular when someone got ouplayed.

But to me, poker being a incomplete-information-game, opponents trash-talk can reveal a lot about them, about their state of mind, about their level, about their expectation of their opponents level...
And if you manage no to be obsessed by the chat, I think it is some other tool to get a punctual edge on some player.
BE a trash-talker is irrelevant, but manipulate trash talkers can be a powerful weapon in my opinion (again, if you manage not to be absorbed by a chat battle)

O

Orman Nelson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kind of feel like these players generally don't like themselves a whole lot. Some however feel that the needling and insulting will throw others off their "A" game. Best thing to do generally is ignore them. I have seen players at live games do a lot of needling, not so much insulting (any good poker room won't tolerate it). It is definitely more prevalent online though because these players are not really held accountable for it.

JohnnyC4ge

JohnnyC4ge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The internet lends itself to "tough guys" who hide behind their anonymity. Online poker is no different, unfortunately.

And that's why most of poker rooms got a chat ;)
Sadly it's at the times, anonymous people giving an abrupt opinion about something they don't have a clue. Rooms follow this fashion, it's an additionnal way to guarantee there will be "action" in their tables. They even provide bans and moderators in case of abuse, don't you think they expect silly idiots to express themselves after a bad river?

And they also give possibility to turn it off, for players who prefer stay focus on the game, unibet has the idea not to put some chat : only game, no blahblah, no whims, etc..

To conclude my point, if it distrubs you, turn it off.
If it don't, use it as a source of informations

subaru16162

subaru16162

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just think they must be on tilt and maybe try use that to my advantage!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolute ignorance, do not respond. Such people are smiling at me.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We will always find people with education below the level, when this happens I report to the support

O

oldolm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u can turn of the chat i am doing like this and its better :)

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opinion about such players can only be negative, although what to hide, I myself at the beginning of a career could afford to incorrectly express myself in the address of a bad player who was just lucky to win me, but it's long past, but such actions have long been in the past. The other side of the coin is that such moments of the game give information to you about an opponent that you can use in the game against him in the future, those. make him lose his temper and when he does not control himself, gently pick up his money himself.

M

mhsmeet

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are a smart person, you would know why someone would abuse you... Maybe because he is finding you tough or maybe he is just tilted enough due to constant losing. Another fact is, you must not ignore them all the times, you can maybe make them more tilted by instigating them more, which might affect his game too. This thing can be used to your advantage many of times if you have good experience.. since poker is a war, and everything must be taken advantage of. So ignoring them is an option, but not always, sometimes different tactics must be used too...

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doesn’t bother me. I actually like it as it generally means the other person is tilting.

A little smiley face back will normally send them over the edge [emoji1]

A

amitmanchanda

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they are ill mannered idiots. I see lot such players in live games as well. Learn to beat donkeys rather than being an ass!

F

Forbesy604

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ignore them, no need to add to the fire

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What´s is your oppinion about the players that insult on the chat box?

generally it's the people who don't know how to play poker that insult others. It's sad that people resort to insulting others just because they didn't win. It just goes to show what kind of people they are.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself do not like these people are people who can't keep their emotions in the hands of those usually never win anything

C

cfytr111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
players who offend must be removed from the game.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i started playing, many times the rudeness of the chat i had found that it did infact alter my play. The people that are offensive, ignorant are often half in the bag,havent grown up [childess],hoping to make others Tilt,
these players often lose early on from there crazy play and more tilted themselves
they shove ,chat vulgar crap ,,and all along not paying attenrion to there game.
Best to turn off chat till they bust

Shalarin

Shalarin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pay attetion on them :) they give me more information

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
players like that, I leave talking alone, until I block their chat, it shows that they are weak, immature boys, unfortunately we are subject to finding a player like that at the online tables. Live on live hard you can find players like that.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I doubt that the loud mouth guys will change. Even if they tried to remain silent. Either they install the hardware to stop from reading the information, ban the subject, or let us deal with those idiots that have their various mental health issues.
Man up... Run with us dogs or stay home on your porch...

elton015

elton015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I´m Brazilian and the players are used to call me monkey,that really drive me nuts! but I have to deal with it.I like the chat box because of the informations of the oponents but when they insult me I just quit the chat box

K

koskesh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really is unpleasant when we receive or witness this kind of attitude at the tables. I once suffered racism in a freeroll just because I won a pot.

I’m just curious how the person who insulted you, knew your race in the first place?

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

As for me these players who do not respect their opponents and insult, they have no place at the tables they don't respect the game and they always lose.