Favorite Poker Quotes

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"It’s hard to walk away from a winning streak, even harder to leave the table when you’re on a losing one." -- Cara Bertoia

C

CezarsGhost

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
college friend was forced to leave skool for a semeser to pay off bookies . however, he did provide this classic example of fatalism. - when playin poker, anytime someone bitched about a bad beat Joe would unsympathetically say "F!^%k ya if ya can't take a joke " trying to steam the guy . I never thought it funny Until - at Wheeling Downs horsetrack Joe bet his last and only $800 on a 14-1 shot (a tip from a guy who had hit before) with our bookie . This was it for Joe . He owed the book 5 grand- if he wins he's clear with the book - if he loses he drops out and it's off to work in the steel mills . BTW, this was in 1969 . So we drive off To Wheeling to watch the race . joe's horse finishes neck and neck . it takes an agonizing amount of time for the results to post - Joe's horse lost . He wants to wait to see the photo . We go over to the wall where they'll put it up . Noone's talking cuz we know Joe's situation . I'm standing next to him when they post the photo . Joe and I are first in line - he stares at it a good 30 seconds(closest photo finish i've ever seen) and then I hear it - a barely audible whisper - "F!^%k me if 'I' can't take a joke"

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"When a gambler picks up a pack of cards or a pair of dice, he feels as though he has reduced an unmanageable world to a finite, visible and comprehensible size." -- Annabel Davis-Goff

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"You will show your poker greatness by the hands you fold, not the hands you play." -- Dan Reed

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Respecting your opponent is respecting yourself.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Figure out what your opponent wants you to do and try to do the opposite." -- Lou Krieger

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Seventy-five percent of all poker players think they play better than the other seventy-five percent." -- Tommy Angelo

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"If the world's top players have only one thing in common, it's that they take control of the hands they play with bets and raises. Usually . . . calling is the least attractive option." -- Chris Ferguson

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"The harder I work, the luckier I get." -- Gary Player

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Manipulating people is what's so fun about poker. I love that you can just look into someone's eyes and lie - and it's perfectly acceptable." -- Cheryl Hines

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
"Anyone gets lucky from time to time, but no one is lucky always"
If you're good, sooner or later, you'll start to see results. I don't believe luck is a valid excuse in the long term.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Better to fold than get badbeat - Claudiunm... lol

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Toothpicks and candy bars make good poker chips and don't raise emotions the way that paychecks do." -- Linda Greenlaw

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Every poker player is smarter than me." -- Penn Jillette

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"It's not whether you won or lost, but how many bad beat stories you were able to tell." -- Grantland Rice

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"I always thought that [poker] probably doesn’t build character but reveals it." -- Lou Krieger

D

de1mon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
SK
Chips
"People think mastering the skill is the hard part, but they're wrong....The trick to poker is mastering the luck"

just wondering if anyone else has some good quotes...
just leave me a messages if ya will....telling me how u like or not like my quote.
I would love to master the luck. Very useful skill 😃

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Chess is a great training ground for poker players because it's a math-based game, much like backgammon is." -- Daniel Negreanu

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
"Why do the pushing when the donkey will do the pulling?" -- Daniel Negreanu
Sorry to burst your bubble but the originator of that quote is Doyle Brunson. DG is my favorite player though!

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"One of the downsides of being a poker pro is that people see exactly how you play." -- Jason Alexander

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
The old "a chip and a chair" saying.

I don't even know how it goes exactly, but that's all you need to be alive. Sometimes you can battle back from the most terrible circumstances. Always better to be in that situation than completely dead and out of a tournament, it gives us hope.