Favorite Poker Quotes

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Don’t focus on making back your losses. Focus on playing well." ~ thepokermindset

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"The lucky man is usually the man who knows how much to leave to chance." -- C.S. Forester

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Probably less than 5 percent of those who play poker know the proper percentages involved in drawing out on a hand." -- Amarillo Slim

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Stay out of games in which there are fish. They never know when they're supposed to bet, slow up the game, and louse things up generally." -- John Moss

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"No-limit. There’s no other game in which fortunes can change so much from hand to hand." -- Mike McDermott

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"The number of slobs you’ll see in a poker tournament defies any rational explanation." -- Phil Gordon

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Once the men have started poker, they will be no trouble for the rest of the trip, except for late-night sessions in the smokeroom during which they stake their wives." -- Jan de Hartog

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, I always really liked this phrase, I relate it to daily life, << "Life doesn't always deal you good cards, sometimes you have to
play a bad hand well">> I would just add << and also enjoy the moment with what you have.>> Regards

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"A person should gamble every day, because think of how bad it would be to walk around lucky and not know it." -- Robert Turner

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive." -- Andrew S. Grove

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
“Gambling ain't for lazy people.” -⸺- Robert B. Parker

Kerasuss28

Kerasuss28

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
"People think mastering the skill is the hard part, but they're wrong....The trick to poker is mastering the luck"

just wondering if anyone else has some good quotes...
just leave me a messages if ya will....telling me how u like or not like my quote.
My quote = play small ball with pocket pair’s and loose with connectors 7/8 9/10 🤟🤟💪

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Card games? The only game I know anything about is that game ----let me see---I don’t know what the name is, but you put one card down on the table and four face up, and you bet." -- Harry S. Truman

K

Ketoupitou

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The old « a chip and a chair ». This is not only a quote, it's a way of living. Never ever give up. No matter what, there's still hope!

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"There are millions of tells you could write down if you could only think of them all." -- Mike Caro

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Here, he thought, just here, and only here, held in these pieces of pasteboard being tossed facedown around the table, governed by whatever Laws or fickle Goddess moved them, here lay infinity and the secret of all life and death. . . ." -- James Jones

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Don’t try to devise elaborate strategies to use against a bad player. They won’t work against him. Use sophisticated plays against a good player. They’ll work against him." -- Doyle Brunson

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
"Poker is war. People pretend it is a game." - Doyle Brunson

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
“Every single morning I wake up with an urge to play. Some periods that’s less than others, but it’s always there. Even when I know that I should take time off, it really is a battle to take some time off.” ~ Lex Veldhuis

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"You can’t think you’ve played well if you lose consistently." -- Mickey Appleman

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"You couldn’t tell what a man was holding [by peeking at the discards],but you could learn a good deal by seeing what he throwed away. Therefore the practice was frowned on to the degree that if you was caught at it, you could get your head blown off." -- Thomas Berger

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"When you are big-stacked, playing your stack becomes more important than playing your cards." -- Neil Timothy

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
"Online poker not rigged but feels like it”.

Daniel N.