Favorite Poker Quotes

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"There are millions of tells you could write down if you could only think of them all." -- Mike Caro

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Here, he thought, just here, and only here, held in these pieces of pasteboard being tossed facedown around the table, governed by whatever Laws or fickle Goddess moved them, here lay infinity and the secret of all life and death. . . ." -- James Jones

T

tovas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
“May the flop be with you.” Doyle Brunson

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Don’t try to devise elaborate strategies to use against a bad player. They won’t work against him. Use sophisticated plays against a good player. They’ll work against him." -- Doyle Brunson

ninpo

ninpo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
  1. "In poker, you've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, and know when to run." - Kenny Rogers
  2. "The best way to become a better poker player is to play against those who are better than you." - Anonymous
  3. "Poker is a lot like sex. Everyone thinks they are the best, but most don't have a clue what they are doing." - Dutch Boyd
  4. "Poker is a microcosm of all we admire and disdain about capitalism." - Lou Krieger
  5. "If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you are the sucker." - Matt Damon (in the movie Rounders)
  6. "Poker is a skill game pretending to be a chance game." - James Altucher
  7. "Fold and live to fold again." - Stu Ungar
  8. "Poker is a game of incomplete information." - David Sklansky
  9. "The guy who invented poker was bright, but the guy who invented the chip was a genius." - Julius "Big Julie" Weintraub

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards." ~ Oscar Wilde

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"You couldn’t tell what a man was holding [by peeking at the discards],but you could learn a good deal by seeing what he throwed away. Therefore the practice was frowned on to the degree that if you was caught at it, you could get your head blown off." -- Thomas Berger

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Every deck of cards contains a lot more bad poker hands than good ones." -- Rodentbane

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"When you are big-stacked, playing your stack becomes more important than playing your cards." -- Neil Timothy

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Why, I have known clergymen, good men, kind-hearted, liberal, sincere, and all that, who did not know the meaning of a `flush.' It is enough to make one ashamed of the species." -- Mark Twain

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"If someone asks you if you like your food, answer. If someone asks you if you like your cards, don't answer." -- Tommy Angelo

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't get caught with your fingers in the cookie jar once in awhile, you probably aren't eating enough cookies

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"I poker-playerishly detected in his eyes the momentary flicker of an unexpected reverse." -- John Lanchester

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"People are never satisfied. If they have a little, they want more. If they have a lot, they want still more. Once they have more, they wish they could be happy with little, but are incapable of making the slightest effort in that direction." ~Paulo Coelho

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
"People think mastering the skill is the hard part, but they're wrong....The trick to poker is mastering the luck"

just wondering if anyone else has some good quotes...
just leave me a messages if ya will....telling me how u like or not like my quote.
But in the end, I think our luck depends on an algorithm of a machine that makes decisions 😅

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"People on the river are happy to give." -- Creedence Clearwater Revival

J

johnadams1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beware of being dealt Jack's, they're just pretty tens.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Seat selection is critical when playing against a maniac." -- Sheree Bykofsky

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I agree with you, being able to have the best luck plays an important role in poker.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"A poker player has to be lucky---in the same way that Warren Buffet gets lucky playing the stock market year after year." -- Phil Gordon

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"People think mastering the skill is the hard part, but they're wrong....The trick to poker is mastering the luck"

just wondering if anyone else has some good quotes...
just leave me a messages if ya will....telling me how u like or not like my quote.
That one is going on my next tshirt

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Poker is the only game for a grown man. Then, your hand is against every man's, and every man's hand is against yours. Teamwork? Who ever made a fortune by teamwork?" -- W. Somerset Maugham