Favorite Poker Quotes

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
“The only bad luck for a good gambler is bad health. Any other setbacks are temporary aggravation.” -- Benny Binion

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"I had to make a choice between being a lawyer or a professional gambler. I chose the more honorable of the two." -- Chip Reese

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
“Money isn’t everything unless you’re playing a rebuy tournament.”

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
“Poker is a fascinating, wonderful, intricate adventure on the high seas of human nature.” -- David A. Daniel

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
“In the poker game of life, women are the rake.” We gave that line to Edward Norton’s Worm in the movie Rounders , but in real life, Joel “Bagels” Rosenberg said it, off the cuff, at 3 a.m., leaning against a wall at the Mayfair Club, an underground card room that used to be the center of the poker world in New York.

My girlfriend got me a hoodie last Christmas with that quote.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"You get your chips your way, I'll get my chips mine." -- Phil Ivey

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And the whole story:

The grandson visits his grandfather for advice:"Grandpa, what do I do now that I'm great?"
- What do you mean, baby?
- Everyone has a hobby but I don't. Dad told me to go play football and even make money with it.
- No way. “I ask, is it normal for an adult to run up and down, curling a ball? Poker is the only game worthy of a man. Your cards are against everyone and everyone against yours. Teamwork? Who ever made a fortune through teamwork? There's a way to make a fortune - take it from the guy who sits down to play poker with you. ” And it's not a hobby, it's a profession.
- Did you play poker a lot, Grandpa?
- Oh, but how much more. "One has to play every day because it's very bad that one just is and doesn't even know how lucky he is."
- Do you think poker is gambling?
- No, poker is a game of knowledge!
"But you just said I know how lucky I am here!" "You don't understand that this is not gambling?" Why do the same 5 members always play for the World Cup? Are they the most glazed in Vegas? It's a mind game ... ” - And what do I need to play poker? "You don't need anything but chips and a chair." However, one thing is better if you note at the beginning, "If you don't know after 20 minutes who the sucker is at the table, it's you!" - I understand. But what if I lose all my money? What if I don't win? "If you're too careful, your whole life will be a ****ing grinder." Dare to take risks because if you don’t take risks you can never win! - All right. But what is poker like? "Poker is very similar to sex, everyone thinks he's the best, but he has no idea what he's doing." Therefore, if you go to play always be modest. Because it is better to win modestly than to lose grandly! - What's wrong, Grandpa? Your voice is sad. - I remembered the old poker parties… - How can I cheer you up? - "- Do you know what cheers me up? - We? - 3 aces and 2 kings. The constantly bidding tourists and the juice picked from them. Chip towers that I can't see from behind. All night, high-stakes Hold'em in the Tajik, where the sand turns gold. ” - Then let's go and play one! They went to play with his grandson’s grandfather, and then the grandson closed the evening without money. - You see, that's what Grandpa was talking about! - Do you give up right at the first hurdle? "If a cash player meets an experienced player at the table, the experienced player will leave with money and the cash with experience." You were the money player. If you want to achieve anything in poker, after every such defeat you will think about what you made wrong, go and learn, then sit back at the table and get better! And you don't give up!

newelis74

newelis74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
" A poker player has to be lucky, in the same way that Warren Buffet is lucky playing the stock market year after year ." Phil Gordon

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
“Is it really not possible to touch the gaming table without being instantly infected by superstition?”

~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
"Fold and live to fold again" Stu Ungar
“Texas Hold’em, the game that takes a minute to learn but a lifetime to master.” Mike Sexton
"You call, it's gonna be all over baby!" Scotty Nguyen

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
" Poker is a game that takes 5 minutes to learn, but a lifetime to be mastered " " I hope to see the day when we will not talk about men and female players. But only poker players " - Vanessa Selbst " Poker is a fair game.

H

hoondo87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
,,Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker”

Such a classic line.. I remember watching that movie when I was 15.. Gave me chills.

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
" I guess the sayings' true. In the poker game of life, women are the rake man. They are the ****in' rake." - Worm
[FONT=Roboto, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

"If luck wasn't involved, I guess I'd win them all" Phil H. Love this one. Also "Baby" Scotty N. Lol

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Its hard to convince a winner that he's losing" - Mike Caro

Good Man

Good Man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
)

"A person's true feelings are revealed in poker."
Doyle Brunson.

"Poker is like sex. Everyone thinks they're the best, but most don't even know what they're doing.”
Dutch Boyd is a three-time wsop gold bracelet winner.

"Aces take bribes... These are the rules of the game."

Evgeniy Kascheev

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Welcome to value town. Population, you!" -- David "Viffer" Peat