Broken duck - my luck may be changing!!

deucem

deucem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It appears as though I may have broken my duck in a very unusual way.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/help-deepest-funk-161137/

2 days ago I started playing in the FT $100 NLHE Turbo freeroll which starts at 01:40 and managed to double up a few times before the Synchronized break. As the break started I sat back on the lounge here in the study and promptly fell asleep.

Well you can imagine my surprise when I woke up :eek: and not only discovered that I had missed 90 minutes of the turbo tournament but also that I still had several thousand in chips left.

I immediately began playing aggressively again and it wasn’t long before I had built my stack up to 22,000 chips when ‘she who must be obeyed’ rang and asked if I could come to her work and give her a lift home. I feared I would lose my stack as it is a half hour round trip and was very happy to find that I had 14,000 in chips left when I returned.

More aggressive play followed (including a somatic marker all in bet with j 9 which held up, yeah, yeah, yeah call me a donkey but then check this out: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/oldest-poker-software-160413/ )

I was able to coast until I was ITM and then played 1 or 2 strategic hands (read the nuts) all in and managed to make it onto the final table in 9th position.

Well when we made it to the final table THEY started to rip into each other as I watched. With hardly any effort on my part I eventually found myself short stacked in 3rd place and went all in with out success but it was quite a ride.

$9.00 for 2 hours play is a reasonable result and so I am going to go against all bankroll advice and enter the $5.50 buy in OFC on the weekend. Perhaps I will see you there!
I play for a certain radio mob and so will be playing against this forum (which will lead me into my next post about apparent paranoia and free rolls).

Good luck and good flops

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats, glad to see you winning again.