Bankroll question/problem, such...

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard Howard Lederer Mention that 300x the BB for Limit is the min more than once. I think those who use the 10-20 suggestion which would translate into 100 -200 for limt are setting themselves up. What happens when you hit a really bad streak. If it happens for Professionals it will happen with others players even more. Having 20 times the buy in or 200x the BB in the case of limit ring games just can't withstand a long streak of bad cards. I rarely see a profession meantion less that 20x and most say 30x the buy in for a NL ring game. Jennifer Harmon mentions in an article that for a 10/20 FL game you should have 10,000 as a bank roll. That is 500x the BB. Now if 2 top pros mention numbers no lower than 30x for NL and 300x for FL and and as had a 50x for NL and 500x for FL, should you believe them or listen to the people who have less of a poker career and knowledge suggesting 10/20x and 100/200x being sufficient. Most pros I have read never mention this low a number. So, I think I will listen to the majority in this case and go with the safer numbers.

Nothing wrong with over-rolling yourself (actually, there are downsides, but the upsides greatly outweigh them).

I play with about %2 of my bankroll, and it really helps. So would a few breaks in that block of text of yours, too :eek:

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management