Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
playing a rebuy without having the br to rebuy is definitely a bad idea - the whole point behind rebuys is you generally have to give up a few rebuys to build a competitive stack, then after the rebuy period play some fun deepstack poker. that's why all the noobies who say stuff like "ZOMG REBUYZ R ALL LUK N NO SKILL" are so amusing - take the first hour out and they're far more skill-based than 'regular' donkaments because of the deep stacks.

I'm not too worried about my bankroll. Been playing $3 and $5 tourneys.. bankroll is just over $300, and registered in $55 worth of tournaments (won satellites to 3 of them.. the $10 rebuy, and two $20 tournaments.. and then registered in the CC FT $5 tourney today).. although rebuying in a $10 tourney may be pushing it a little, I could still do it if needed. Although, I hope that I won't have to in it.

I may just go ahead and play in that tournament, starting out pretty tight and see how far I get without having to rebuy.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your better off unregistering and taking the money. You put yourself at an immediate disadvantage by not rebuying

^^You don't need a huge stack at all. You can build your stack after the first hour and build a stack that way. The rebuy period is just there so people should exploit the smallest of advantages and thus building the prizepool and skill edge

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea - I wouldn't play if I didn't plan on the initial re-buy and the add-on.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
your better off unregistering and taking the money. You put yourself at an immediate disadvantage by not rebuying

^^You don't need a huge stack at all. You can build your stack after the first hour and build a stack that way. The rebuy period is just there so people should exploit the smallest of advantages and thus building the prizepool and skill edge

I've won rebuys before without having to rebuy. It does put me at a disadvantage, of course, but I've done it before. I still have almost 2 weeks to decide if I want to stay or unregister anyways.

Top 90 pay out (90th takes $270) and 963 are registered right now.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yea - I wouldn't play if I didn't plan on the initial re-buy and the add-on.

I don't think there will be any add-ons after the end of the rebuy level. I may do an initial rebuy, though.

It's unlimited rebuys until Level 6, btw.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
god donkaments suck so hard. At least i am now grateful for the lol prize structure, since all 5 of my open raises got 3bet, and the 3rd 1 i spaz shoved kjs over a 3bet bvb and the bb had kings ^_^. $50 for 20 minutes of fold fold fold fold raise/fold on a cycle is pretty cool though

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeh that ^ ie: how did it go ?
i dont know it should, i remember typing it
maybe u used ur evil mod powers unconsciously to remove what u didnt understand from my post :confused:

Really weird. I wonder if there are other things people say in their posts that only show up when I quote them.

Anyway.

Went OK. I've blogged a bit about it this month, you can read more about it there. Results-wise, I... Well, let me just say that I didn't play anywhere near as much as I had planned to do, but I still pulled through with a bankroll bigger than it was when I started and I managed to replace my lost salary. So it was a success.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ept London weekly final, 500+ players top 100 get paid top prize is seat at main event package and 1k.

*** FLOP *** [Td 4h 2h]
*** TURN *** [Td 4h 2h] [Qh]
*** RIVER *** [Td 4h 2h Qh] [Js]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Mr Mc1: shows [Ah As] (a pair of Aces)
#1InCorby: shows [Kc Ac] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
#1InCorby collected 2790 from pot

Raise 4x bb get reraised so shove, had a feeling I was gonna see a jack next as soon as I saw the queen. Standard, it happens alot but still a kick to the nuts, I hate sattying into a tourney and gong out so soon. Bitch moan etc.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is a pretty legit bitch/moan. unlucky :(

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
siiiiiiiigh came 15th in the 10k freeroll, 99<qq button vs sb to end. Who 3bets to 5x the raise with queens :(

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When u get berrated by a 50/13 and 90/10 u know your doing it right...

ace2daface

ace2daface

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
join a private tourney ? see get a game going:)

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but I still pulled through with a bankroll bigger than it was when I started and I managed to replace my lost salary. So it was a success.

This sounds a little better than simple success - congrats!

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love those 20BB's 40 hands sessions. Too bad I couldn't keep playing :(

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well this was not my best month of poker ever lol. Tomorrow starts a brand new month and I can hardly wait!

Maybe I will take down the $215 WCOOP event in a couple of weeks!

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
september is going to be awesome, f august

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would post graph but can't be bothered, but it is summed up as shooting up to 2k, then ev line breaking even, while money line plummits back to the start