gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to CardsChat Ashley!
Glad to have you here, sure you will encourage to the CardsChat's Womans to follow the profesional poker path. :)

When you go to play Poker Events to another countrys, do you usually have everything previously organized, I mean if you do a schedule of the tournaments that you will play and sell the actions previously, following a strict agenda, or are you more flexible and then you are organizing it or adapting it during the event?

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey welcome to CardsChat!
In tournaments do you adjust your game to the table? Or do you use some GTO. Like if your table is too foldy you go raise more, if your table is too cally then you go limp more, stuff like that.

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Professional Poker Player
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you go to play Poker Events to another countrys, do you usually have everything previously organized, I mean if you do a schedule of the tournaments that you will play and sell the actions previously, following a strict agenda, or are you more flexible and then you are organizing it or adapting it during the event?

Thanks for the warm welcome! I’m pretty flexible with my schedule especially when traveling abroad. It can be tricky to predict whether or not you’ll be jet-lagged etc.
If I sell action to the series, I sell for the maximum amount of tournaments I would play and make sure the investors know that I most likely won’t play 100% of those events. (Money back! Yay!)

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey welcome to CardsChat!
In tournaments do you adjust your game to the table? Or do you use some GTO. Like if your table is too foldy you go raise more, if your table is too cally then you go limp more, stuff like that.

Definitely! And to me, that’s what makes poker fun. You never know what type of opponents you’ll run into :)

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Ashley and welcome to the CC forums!

Do you play cash game most of the time or more tournaments, and what would be a good ratio?

I assume cash games support the tourney buy-ins and are a more reliable income stream for a live professional than the swingy bankroll eating multiday mtts?

Greetings

Daniel

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Welcome Ashley!

Just your presence here giving us extra inspirations to improve our poker experience :top:

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Ashley and welcome to the CC forums!

Do you play cash game most of the time or more tournaments, and what would be a good ratio?

I assume cash games support the tourney buy-ins and are a more reliable income stream for a live professional than the swingy bankroll eating multiday mtts?

Greetings

Daniel

Hey Daniel-

I mostly play tournaments and will fit in cash sessions when games are social and fun. (No sitting at miserable or nitty tables for me!) Bankroll management as a tourney player is all about reducing variance as much as possible. To reduce those swings, we have to play smaller fields at a high frequency. Playing huge fields with a big 1st place prize is thrilling, but creates higher variance in your results because you don't win them as often. So I'd say that my smaller field online events are what keep me afloat in between big live scores :)

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hello Ashley :) I'm pretty geeked to see you here! lol Welcome :D
I was wondering, did you happen to play at Caesars Windsor when you were in canada? If so, what did you think of the place?
Also, what do you think is your biggest adjustment when switching from cash to tournament play? I have to admit, cash games make me nervous..

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Ashley :) I'm pretty geeked to see you here! lol Welcome :D
I was wondering, did you happen to play at Caesars Windsor when you were in Canada? If so, what did you think of the place?
Also, what do you think is your biggest adjustment when switching from cash to tournament play? I have to admit, cash games make me nervous..

Hey Deb! Thanks for the welcome :)
The only place I’ve played in Canada is Playground in Montreal. Honestly, I need to see and play in wayyy more of your country.
The biggest adjustment switching from cash to tournaments has been widening my preflop ranges and learning how to play with a short stack. I think cash game players tend to give up when they get short stacked and tournament players know that it comes with the territory ;)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Welcome to CardsChat, Ashley! It is so good to have you join us!

How long have you been playing poker? and how did you get into it?
Did you begin online? or jump right into the live games?
Which tournaments do you look forward to the most?

(I have a boatload to ask but want to save some questions for the podcast. :) :D)

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Ashley. I'm also happy to see you here, joining our community.

I realised that you have a partner who also plays poker. That's awesome! :) How we can imagine poker-life between you two? Are you competitve or helpful to each other?

You said that you want to inspire others, do you think poker is a never-ending learning proccess where you always have to trying to have your own joy in it, despite of the money that you can earn from it?

S

saintsfangirl

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on becoming a representative of Cards Chat!

How often do you get to play in larger tournaments?
We were at a final table together at the Rio a couple of years ago for the circuit and I was very impressed by your play!
What tips do you have for the Ladies as far as being patient and very long tournaments?
Thanks!
Chris Read

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Chopping?

What are your thoughts on chopping or adjusting the final table prize amounts?

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are your thoughts on chopping or adjusting the final table prize amounts?

If everyone agrees to chop and agrees on the amounts, then I think it's a great way to reduce variance. I wouldn't chop at venues that don't facilitate it though (i.e. wsop) because you have to trust the person to hand you the money at the cage.
Also, someone who doesn't want to chop should not be harassed or badgered by the other players after they've said no.

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to CardsChat, Ashley! It is so good to have you join us!

How long have you been playing poker? and how did you get into it?
Did you begin online? or jump right into the live games?
Which tournaments do you look forward to the most?

(I have a boatload to ask but want to save some questions for the podcast. :) :D)

Hi Shells!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was first taught poker in 2011 and have been playing professionally since 2017. My fiance is a professional and taught me how to play so I knew what he and his friends were talking about all the time!! :) I started by playing online SNGs and then played live for the first time at a random MGM ladies event. I got butterflies in my stomach whenever I played live for the first 2 years probably!

The tournaments I look forward to the most are ones held at the Wynn because I love the staff and property. Also, you can't beat the excitement of the tournaments at the WSOP! It's like summer camp (or in this year's case, a fall festival ;)).

I hope the podcast was able to answer some of your other questions! Robbie and I talked for over an hour :)

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Ashley. I'm also happy to see you here, joining our community.

I realised that you have a partner who also plays poker. That's awesome! :) How we can imagine poker-life between you two? Are you competitve or helpful to each other?

You said that you want to inspire others, do you think poker is a never-ending learning proccess where you always have to trying to have your own joy in it, despite of the money that you can earn from it?
Hi dallam-

My partner and I are definitely helpful to each other when it comes to poker. But if we're playing a small stakes friendly game at the same table, we get SUPER competitive :)

To me, the learning process is never-ending in poker. At time it gets really tough, especially on a downswing. But I like to remind myself how much freedom and mobility poker has given me and that brightens my spirits again.

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How often do you get to play in larger tournaments?
We were at a final table together at the Rio a couple of years ago for the circuit and I was very impressed by your play!
What tips do you have for the Ladies as far as being patient and very long tournaments?
Thanks!
Chris Read

Wow that's awesome! and Thanks :)

Yeah I get to play a lot of large tournaments living in Vegas. There's always some series running at the Venetian or Wynn.

Advice for ladies in long tournaments: mentally break up the tournament into sections so it feels like you're accomplishing small milestones along the way. Perhaps every break you make it to is another milestone; then dinner break, then bagging chips for day 2....etc. At each of these 'milestones' mentally let go of any mistakes you made in previous levels and reset. Give yourself a pep talk that includes some adjustments you'd like to make during the next 2 hours of play. Then, run really hot and win :)

Hope that helps!

LoveAndPoker

LoveAndPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How did you realize that you will connect your path with poker? Were there any factors that stopped you?

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for creating this thread! Any advice for playing the midnight daily game at the Flamingo? Have you played it? What are some good overall tips? Not so much a poker question related (but would love any!), but just about the game there. Thanks!

Last edited:
Vegas77

Vegas77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hi CardsChat members!

My name is Ashley and I'm so excited to join this community. I've been living in Las Vegas for 10 years now playing cash games and more recently, tournaments. I currently play $5/$10 on the Strip and higher stakes on live streams such as Live at the Bike. I'll buy in to tournaments as low as $300 and as high as $5k (with an exception for the WSOP Main Event, which everyone should try to play at least once!).

I have also traveled for poker events in many other parts of the world, including Europe, the UK, Australia, Canada, Africa and the Caribbean. I can answer a broad range of questions about playing live, traveling for poker events/series, playing on live streams or the general poker lifestyle.

My goal for joining CardsChat is to inspire new people to play poker and to encourage those of you who have a poker bucket list item to go out and do it!

Ask me anything :)

Hi Ashley,

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom. I usually play on WSOP, as I live in Vegas. I have won four tournaments, but I still make stupid mistakes. Any advice for those of us still trying to make it to the next level? Thanks so much. Tamra

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just had to say hi Ashley and tell you that the story on the podcast about how you met Jesse...on a date with someone else...is fantastic!! So glad to have you among us here and looking forward to seeing more content from you!

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How did you realize that you will connect your path with poker? Were there any factors that stopped you?

I realized that I wanted to play poker full time when I started playing tournaments. I just love all the dynamics that go on throughout an event.

The only factors that held me back were thinking that I could never be elite at the game. Then I realized that learning means making mistakes (and being able to admit to them). It's the only way to get better. If other people could study a ton and get better, I realized I could do that too. That's where I'm at now- trying to get better and proving to others that they can too.

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for creating this thread! Any advice for playing the midnight daily game at the Flamingo? Have you played it? What are some good overall tips? Not so much a poker question related (but would love any!), but just about the game there. Thanks!

Hey pokerstudy- I've never played the daily at Flamingo, but I'm assuming it's full of recreational players. My general tips for playing against that player type is to GET VALUE. Bet bigger than you think you should (especially preflop) with value hands because they like to call :) Good luck!

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Ashley,

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom. I usually play on WSOP, as I live in Vegas. I have won four tournaments, but I still make stupid mistakes. Any advice for those of us still trying to make it to the next level? Thanks so much. Tamra

Hey Tamra!
Congrats on all of your wins :) Sounds like you're doing some things right.

If you find yourself making 'stupid mistakes' a lot, consider jotting down what happened beforehand that led up to those bad plays. (Were you tilted? Were you getting tired? Were you card dead and then overplayed the first good hand you saw?) After a while, you might find a pattern and can stop yourself before the mistakes happen and reset.

Also, for me, if I pretend that I'm telling a friend what I think the opponent has throughout the entire hand, then I'm much less likely to make random plays.

hope that helps!

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just had to say hi Ashley and tell you that the story on the podcast about how you met Jesse...on a date with someone else...is fantastic!! So glad to have you among us here and looking forward to seeing more content from you!

Haha, thanks CR! Glad you found it entertaining ;)

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas