Anonymous tables/Future of online poker?.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not offended, I could careless whether or not someone dislikes the use of HUDs, they are allowed and will be used. My point is most people who argue against HUDs seem to believe they somehow tell you how to play. A HUD does not tell you to Fold, Check, Bet, or Raise, it doesn't tell you how much to bet and when. Things that do tell you how to play are against the rules at all the pokersites I play at, if not every single one.
Exactly. The funny thing is(and I am not talking about anyone in this thread specifically) when you get the biggest fish on the site talking about how HUDs are ruining the game and that HUDs "Make you win" and people without HUDs are going to lose to the person with the HUD every time because it tells you how to play. I would say 9 times out of 10, the person making that type of argument would lose no matter if they were playing someone with a HUD, without a HUD, anonymous, etc because they are just a bad player making an excuse for the reason that they are losing.

Krk

Krk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly. The funny thing is(and I am not talking about anyone in this thread specifically) when you get the biggest fish on the site talking about how HUDs are ruining the game and that HUDs "Make you win" and people without HUDs are going to lose to the person with the HUD every time because it tells you how to play. I would say 9 times out of 10, the person making that type of argument would lose no matter if they were playing someone with a HUD, without a HUD, anonymous, etc because they are just a bad player making an excuse for the reason that they are losing.

That would be me maybe, you may be talking about? ;)
No, I am the biggest fish but I never wrote that HUDs must ruin the game so luckily it is not me.
However I would still give some credit to these guys criticising HUDs, cause they have their reasons too, and I do not wonder that they like the option to opt-out and play in games where it cannot be used if they for example would like to prepare themselves online for a shot on a live tournament where they will not have the HUD available.