*Special 1k post* : Getting most value in poker (long)

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Oh yeah...what I was here for in the first place.....

Great 1K post CP! Congrats man, great read.

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always nice to see a well thought out post.

Congrats on the 1k CP!

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just now read this.Very thought out and put together.
Great post cp.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the support. Didn't expect that many positive responses tbh, I'm impressed!

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congrats! really really helpful.

The bet bigger section is pure gold.

eagle jim

eagle jim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on 1k and very nice post. Lots of good info there.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice post. I'll save this thread for future purpose. Very useful for cash games.

Number 4 is what i have to work out. I've been withdrawing several hundred bucks here and there for entertainment purposes, which is why i'm still stuck at microstakes.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice post. I'll save this thread for future purpose. Very useful for cash games.

Number 4 is what i have to work out. I've been withdrawing several hundred bucks here and there for entertainment purposes, which is why i'm still stuck at microstakes.

Don't worry, I have to work it out myself. Haven't put in proper volume one single day this month...*sigh*

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great post - good read. Congrats on the 1k (and the other 46 posts since)

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have one more thing to say about value betting and why I think so many people - at least in the micros - aren't doing it properly. It's because they win a pot, big or not, and they're happy about that. They don't lose sleep about the fact they could have gotten a bit more out that pot.

But in reality, betting $5 less than you should have is exactly the same as making a bad call for $5. The mistake is just as important profit wise, we just tend to remember the bad call much more and assign a lot more importance to it because hey we lost the pot. It's basically just a different form of being results oriented.

I like this part. Because it's very true where people overlook and never realize it. It's hard to realize this since hem don't spot these kind of plays. maybe leakbusters would but you gotta be sharp enough to realize this on your own.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't worry, I have to work it out myself. Haven't put in proper volume one single day this month...*sigh*

I got a question. Do you set hours and time everyday, such as 5 hours a day, 100 points, etc?

For me, I'm very inconsistent with my grind. My times vary. When I'm running good, I would go far as playing 300 sngs per day while stop after 8-10 sngs or less for a day if i'm running extremely bad. I grind like this bcz of the advice I've heard in the past that really convinced me while it made sense "maximize your profit, minimize your losses." unless i'm taking that in a wrong form of context.

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent post! and congrats on 1K!:cool:

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excellent post! and congrats on 1K!:cool:

ty ty!

I got a question. Do you set hours and time everyday, such as 5 hours a day, 100 points, etc?

For me, I'm very inconsistent with my grind. My times vary. When I'm running good, I would go far as playing 300 sngs per day while stop after 8-10 sngs or less for a day if i'm running extremely bad. I grind like this bcz of the advice I've heard in the past that really convinced me while it made sense "maximize your profit, minimize your losses." unless i'm taking that in a wrong form of context.

Finally a question after #38 posts!

I set a target of 5 hours/day but I hardly ever manage to hit it, so I settle for 4. Running bad doesn't matter, you just don't want to go beyond the point where you start playing badly because of your losses, so set a stop loss.

I set mine to 4-5 BIs, never more than 5, and I thing that advice in Sklansky's book (which also became an internet mantra) that you should keep playing if games are good etc. is BS for most people, so find out the loss point where you lose your edge and stop there every time.

About the grinding itself, if you only play when you feel like it and want to
you probably will end up not putting enough volume. When you have all these regs 24-tabling 100k hands/month or more you do need to keep pace somehow while you learn so you can have an edge over them and move up.

Also if you live off poker like I do volume is absolutely essential so you get enough rakeback and stuff. Hell, even durrrr said he sometimes plays when he doesn't really want to, and I need the money more than him.