Gross spot with QQ smart play didn’t go broke.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My image total maniac at table.

Limp UTG QQ call BB had a feeling something was up, he makes it $5.

Flop 992 check I bet pot he calls. Turn 9 I bet pot he calls again. Putting him on AA KK maybe AK, JJ or 1010. River K. He dink’s 1/4 pot I call shows AA. Q would have been such a prettier card.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont really understand, what happened preflop, but somehow we got to see a 992 flop with QQ in position, and he check to you. Now you pot it. A smaller bet seem more appropriate for the situation. Turn is another 9 filling you up. You pot it again, this seem more ok to me, given that your hand is now relatively stronger. River is a K, and now he lead for a quarter of the pot. Not loving this and no point in raising, but your hand is to strong to fold for such a small bet.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesn't do much analysis to tell you that the hand is simply a cooler. It wouldn't have been avoided at all, luckily it came out cheap

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only thing I can tell you is "nice feeling" since that allowed you as fa1920 says that the hand was not a total disaster and was cheap at the end

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont really understand, what happened preflop, but somehow we got to see a 992 flop with QQ in position, and he check to you. Now you pot it. A smaller bet seem more appropriate for the situation. Turn is another 9 filling you up. You pot it again, this seem more ok to me, given that your hand is now relatively stronger. River is a K, and now he lead for a quarter of the pot. Not loving this and no point in raising, but your hand is to strong to fold for such a small bet.

Earlier he got away with a nice bluff against me. Limp QQ was going re pop anyone all the way till button. Did it early a few times with total trash. Literally playing like a maniac. Anyway lost a few buy ins and needed up breaking even. He came after me, never did this before. Call in position with strong hand let’s see a flop.

Dusan

Dusan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before you can make any real money with QQ you need to flop a set. If opponent keep betting and betting and you keep calling in the situation above you must figure by the turn that you're behind. Why keep calling and giving him your money?

K

killbello

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hand is a cooler, anyway you must start raising preflop QQ if you want to gain some money in the long run.