Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live $1/$2 with a $4 Straddle.

UTG (laggy player) raises to $12 and I make it $35 in MP with AQo. A weak player in LJ or HJ tosses $12 into the pot and the dealer informs him that the bet is now $35. Instead of putting in another $23 he is allowed to withdraw his bet completely. I didn't argue because, you know, it's $1/$2 and I'm not an asshole and I was trying to ISO the UTG player and really didn't want a lot of action. Still, there are situations where I might not mind the call and even here it was probably +EV.

It's always been my understanding that this should be a call. It's up to every player at the table to pay attention to the action. So what do you think? Should he be required to make the call? What if I had shoved all in for $500?

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You get 1 get out of jail free card at any table i'm on. Just 1 though...
I have made a similar mistake.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So in tourneys its an Auto Call , In Cash it depends on the dealer/Floor at the time. If a Player contests it then usually what I've seen is if he doesn't want to make a call he forfeits the additional $12 and can back out

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
So in tourneys its an Auto Call , In Cash it depends on the dealer/Floor at the time. If a Player contests it then usually what I've seen is if he doesn't want to make a call he forfeits the additional $12 and can back out

Hi
I completely agree with you on that.
I have made mistakes of that nature too, and I see people at cash tables do such mistakes.
At times they pay and continue or get back out by not posting the balance or also taking back what is posted and folding the hand.