seats 1 and 10?

W

Wait4ItKid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing live, How much does your strategy change if you were seated on either side of the dealer. Seats one or ten....

In my experience, if I am seated at either seat one or ten, the dealer would always block my view of the player on the opposite side of the dealer from me and I miss a lot of potentially great information.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am usually just wondering if my knee is bleeding after a slammed it into the toke box when I sat down. I do like raising seat one when I am in seat 10 and have a plus sized dealer... I just sit up straight then lean back and they can't see me. :)

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always ask for a seat across from the dealer based on vision. Don't like being seated on those two positions. Rather wait for a new table to form.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey,don't worry.sometimes it is better not to see human emotions,maybe it's better that it happens).

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not much you can do but when its appropriate (when players next to you have folded) feel free to stand up. Also protect your hand in these spots.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am usually just wondering if my knee is bleeding after a slammed it into the toke box when I sat down. I do like raising seat one when I am in seat 10 and have a plus sized dealer... I just sit up straight then lean back and they can't see me. :)

I have hit that damned box enough that by now you would think I would come prepared with a knee pad LOL.

I try to avoid either seat as much as possible. Otherwise do pretty much the same thing sit up straight and either hide or peek around the dealer so I can catch a read on a player hidden from view.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never complain about my seat haha I just sit at table as soon as possible

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's 1 advantage of online; a problem that simply doesn't exists:D

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seat 6 or seat7. Those are my favorites! Good luck

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the 10 seat, Don't know why just always get he best cards from there and Always have a good time joking with the dealer. 1 seat I always feel out of place lol

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer seat 10 (or 9 at 9 handed tables). In this seat you have a bit more opportunity to get info from seats 1,2,3 who make mistakes thinking it's their turn to act when I haven't acted.