Massage at the poker table--Do you tip?

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday, at a tournament at the MGM National Harbor, I had my first ever massage at the table. After all those years watching players get massages while playing at the wsop, it was my turn. I have a frozen shoulder and the masseuse was really good.

I didn't find the position of being table-side, facing the back of the chair, so comfortable. There's that firm pillow you can use and I found that slipped around. I timed my massage for during a short break, but was still being massaged when break ended. Getting dealt cards while having a massage isn't optimal.

One question I have about this is: If you get massages during poker, do you tip? In this case, it seemed that all the cash from the massage went straight to the masseuse. I don't know if she had to pay something to the poker room to be able to work there. Anybody know?

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
get a good massage turante the range would be very good, but during the game I think it would hamper, I think that should be employed by the establishment, whether massage would be good yes tip

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
None of the money goes to the poker room that I am aware of but that would really be irrelevant. Tipping in the massage industry is standard.

Unfortunately this country has lost it's fricking mind when it comes to the service industry and tipping.

I always tip 20-25% but I find it disgraceful that we have allowed this to happen.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course. It's a service industry. Always tip somebody providing a service

Misofer

Misofer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always tip a good service and someone that is providing you a service

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would always provide, a tip for any service. That's the way it should be. Service jobs are definitely jobs that are under payed. They have families like the rest of us. No matter what I would tip.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday, at a tournament at the MGM National Harbor, I had my first ever massage at the table. After all those years watching players get massages while playing at the WSOP, it was my turn. I have a frozen shoulder and the masseuse was really good.

I didn't find the position of being table-side, facing the back of the chair, so comfortable. There's that firm pillow you can use and I found that slipped around. I timed my massage for during a short break, but was still being massaged when break ended. Getting dealt cards while having a massage isn't optimal.

One question I have about this is: If you get massages during poker, do you tip? In this case, it seemed that all the cash from the massage went straight to the masseuse. I don't know if she had to pay something to the poker room to be able to work there. Anybody know?

I love dragging in pots when I'm getting a massage.

Sometimes I tell the table, "You're not just up against me....I got backup!" And the masseuse always smiles.

I tip because if I need the service again next time I want them to be eager to come to my table! Nothing worse than a masseuse in a bad mood...lol

I certainly want them to be able to get me on their list if they are booked up!

You can ask her if she gets to keep the tips....that's not rude.

Some rooms have a spa on location and it is the spa that is actually providing the service as opposed to independent contractors.

Good luck !

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only tip after a massage at the asian parlor with a happy ending :)

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I got one I would tip yes. When I used to drive for Uber/Lyft I would take some of them home after their shifts and would talk to them about their job and the pay structure. They get paid minimum wage and get to keep tips. Only downfall is they have to sit and wait to be flagged down. Somedays it can be great money others they are working for free because they still have to pay a "Booth" rental to their company

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should definitely tip if the person is providing a service to you. I never get massages while playing poker though. I want to be as focused as possible.