The transition

D

dferrari86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Any tips to help make the transition from live tournament play to online tournament play?

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey. Can there be any problems with this? Everything seems to be the same basically.
Well, maybe something to read about online poker its specificity in some moments only)

D

dferrari86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea that’s why I was trying to start a new thread. To get some tips and advice on transitioning between the two. I figured a lot of people like me were trying to do the same

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tighten up and pay attention to how often players are opening/calling/3betting. You want to play tight and only get exploitative when you have a read that your opponent is making mistakes.

L

Larzz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the transition from online to live play is harder. So much for "live reads" online. Timing tells, betting patterns & hand history are ways to find reads. A lot of online is a shove fest pre flop. Win your flips as you would live. Most players are using a HUD if there playing for any significant amount.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing live is way better. You can look your opponent in the eye and watch there tells! Online poker some programs make it so the bigger stack always wins. To create action and more re-entry or rebuys. Or so you will enter another tournament !