vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No Limit Hold'em Tourn.
blinds: 25k/50k ante 5k

Final Table: 9 handed.

UTG (8bb) open shoves KQs, Button(24bb) flats, Hero(bb) reshoves 15bb all-in with AQs.
Button calls.

Is this a squeeze play or Trap squeeze play? or neither because of No fold equity.

Any suggestions.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the button's perspective, depending on stack size of the small blind...it's weird that he didn't jam on any hand he's willing to call. If small blind had him covered and he was willing to fold 2s-6s to a small blind allin...then maybe I understand it. Otherwise, calling there is either a weird play or as you noted...trap squeeze attempt. It doesn't seem to make sense to do that though if small blind had similarly 15BB. Hero is going to jam or fold there based on hand strength in a 3 way pot. I'm sure Hero knows there's 0 chance that button is folding.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, without any fold equity it would appear the BB is, simply, getting his $ in w/the best of it. Depending what the button has, perhaps JJ or better, flat calling utg's 8bb's and hoping for one of the blinds to call could be determined as a trap-squeeze. I'll buy that.