Slow structure low limit

K

KuprinMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tell me if there are tournaments with a smooth structure in any room now? For example, in 2013-2015 at pokerstars there were deepstack tournaments from $ 2.75 - 5.50 and higher with a blind level of 30 minutes. Are there any similar tournaments now?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not at Stars or 888 at least. 888 Poker have some tournaments called “triple 8”, which is 8+0,8 $ buyin, 8-handed, and 8.888 chips with 15/30 blinds, so they start almost 300BB deep. However blinds go up every 10 minutes, so after the first hour or so they are just like any other tournament. And tellingly enough most of the people, who play them, dont even show up until then.

And I think, this is the whole issue in a nut shell. Slow tournament structures have gone out of fashion, because most players simply dont have the time or patience for them. And in top of that they are also not a great money maker for poker sites. Instead we see formats like Spin n Gos and hyper turbo DONs, which cater to the fast action crowd and generate a lot of rake for poker sites.

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best I've seen are some so-called deepstack in the WCOOP pokerstars games and the "Big fish" of $ 33 in 888 in the morning, both with blind levels of 15 minutes and if I'm not mistaken 200bb or 250bb of initial chips

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on PokerStars and on this moment such a not watched, maximum 15 minute

K

KuprinMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not at Stars or 888 at least. 888 Poker have some tournaments called “triple 8”, which is 8+0,8 $ buyin, 8-handed, and 8.888 chips with 15/30 blinds, so they start almost 300BB deep. However blinds go up every 10 minutes, so after the first hour or so they are just like any other tournament. And tellingly enough most of the people, who play them, dont even show up until then.

And I think, this is the whole issue in a nut shell. Slow tournament structures have gone out of fashion, because most players simply dont have the time or patience for them. And in top of that they are also not a great money maker for poker sites. Instead we see formats like Spin n Gos and hyper turbo DONs, which cater to the fast action crowd and generate a lot of rake for poker sites.

It is clear that such tournaments are not profitable for rooms, but they are beneficial for players.

K

KuprinMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on PokerStars and on this moment such a not watched, maximum 15 minute
There is only one tournament with pokerstars with a level of blinds of 15 minutes each for low limits it's Mini Daily Marathon 5.50$ and unfortunately everything :frown:

eddy78

eddy78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like those can of structure to. many sites have a few of those at least running a day, like unibet ggnetwork betfair and so on

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is only one tournament with pokerstars with a level of blinds of 15 minutes each for low limits it's Mini Daily Marathon 5.50$ and unfortunately everything :frown:

Actually Stars have multi table SnG`s with 15 minutes blind intervals.

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no tournaments with 30 min. levels that I am aware of on ACR/BCP or BetOnline. I think ACR has one with 20 min. levels but I believe it is a high-roller event if I am not mistaken.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that would be a 12 hour game with 30 minute levels. as it is with 10 minute blinds some turnys last 6 to 8 hours. I like the idea but just too long to win very little