Screen Recording

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to get into recording my sessions. What are the best screen recorders? What I have found is OBS studio, Flashback Express, Apowersoft Debut video and Share X If there are others are any information about any of these will help. Thanks

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
team viewer, mikogo, skype, and discord were also on my list as well

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you. I will check it out

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am using BB FlashBack for about 3 years now.
I am very pleased with this screen recorder. It has several advantages.
First of all, it's free.
Secondly, it is easy to use.
Thirdly, he works even on older computers.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am using BB FlashBack for about 3 years now.
I am very pleased with this screen recorder. It has several advantages.
First of all, it's free.
Secondly, it is easy to use.
Thirdly, he works even on older computers.
infonazar Thank you for the information on this program, I used to do only screen shots before, now I can make a video!

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use Replay Video Capture 8. Don't really use it that much but it works :)

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OBS is all you need imo, best recording and streaming software, its very light on your CPU too, easy to learn

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some online help for you.

OBS is a good option.
If you're looking for something easier to set-up try CamStudio.

Both of these are fine to use while having a good quality experience.

Especially if you also want to start to Stream, OBS is awesome!

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like OBS, but if you have an Nvidia Graphics Card you could use Shadowplay or an AMD GPU has AMD ReLive. I believe you can still use either one without respective cards, but at that point I would just use OBS TBH. I've had issues with using ReLive and the audio not syncing with the video, and it's just easier for me to capture video with OBS and then capture sound separately with Audacity (a free audio program). That way you can clean the audio up in post, and then change the volume of each independently.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
use hypercam2 I recommend it is easy:rolleyes:

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OBS is all you need imo, best recording and streaming software, its very light on your CPU too, easy to learn

I agree with this so far through my experience the only thing I don't like is when I play on movie player it takes like 45min to an hour for a session to download so I can view it... Is there a better option to watch the recording? one that doesn't have as long of a downloading time.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some online help for you.

OBS is a good option.
If you're looking for something easier to set-up try CamStudio.

Both of these are fine to use while having a good quality experience.

Especially if you also want to start to Stream, OBS is awesome!

Thank you

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like OBS, but if you have an Nvidia Graphics Card you could use Shadowplay or an AMD GPU has AMD ReLive. I believe you can still use either one without respective cards, but at that point I would just use OBS TBH. I've had issues with using ReLive and the audio not syncing with the video, and it's just easier for me to capture video with OBS and then capture sound separately with Audacity (a free audio program). That way you can clean the audio up in post, and then change the volume of each independently.

I will look into Nvidia Graphics card. Thank you for your reply

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not recorders))))

I make screen by OCam

Yea that is my bad.. lol I had copied that list from another group that I am working on for online study sessions. I guess that list was more for screen sharing and not screen recording. Thanks for the input. I will look into OCam.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have searched about this, but I don`t record my games till now. I use the `boom` link when I want to keep something. For recording softwarwe I have found `bandicam` which worked nice when I tested it.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have searched about this, but I don`t record my games till now. I use the `boom` link when I want to keep something. For recording softwarwe I have found `bandicam` which worked nice when I tested it.

Thank you. I will look into this.

ff48

ff48

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use geforce experience with 1080p60. My Screen Recorder only has 720p.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use geforce experience with 1080p60. My Screen Recorder only has 720p.

Good lord, the more and more that keep coming in I feel like there has to be massive differences in each one....So from here on out I'm going to ask what sets ours apart from the rest? what are the pro's and con's for this particular recording software?

ff48

ff48

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good lord, the more and more that keep coming in I feel like there has to be massive differences in each one....So from here on out I'm going to ask what sets ours apart from the rest? what are the pro's and con's for this particular recording software?

I created a channel on youtube. Customize geforce experience - added my yotube channel with private broadcasting and start/stop button. And at any time when the button is pressed, the video is recording to my channel.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I created a channel on youtube. Customize geforce experience - added my yotube channel with private broadcasting and start/stop button. And at any time when the button is pressed, the video is recording to my channel.

That's nice, but all I'm using the recording software for, is to review my sessions.... Is there any benefit of using this to help with my study sessions?