Playing online poker rooms with TOR Browser

M

muky2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I am wondering if any here are experienced in playing online poker using the TOR browser? Does it work and can my existing online accounts be accessed and used?

I would love to play pokerstars rooms again, but can't log in from my home location.

I would actually love to just be able to log in to use the poker stars school and play the Pokerstars poker school freerolls for the small cash prizes to learn and hone skills.

What other online Poker sited allow users, regardless of where they live to play on their sites?

Any help would be appreciated!

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am unsure it would work depends on the site. Years ago 2013/2014 I was playing with a vpn - so sometimes I was playing from the US sometimes from germany sometimes from switzerland etc. Site (maybe wpt.com or bovada ) locked my account and didn't let me play until I called and then promised to use my actual public IP when I played. Haven't tried it since

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I am wondering if any here are experienced in playing online poker using the TOR browser? Does it work and can my existing online accounts be accessed and used?

I would love to play Pokerstars rooms again, but can't log in from my home location.

I would actually love to just be able to log in to use the Poker stars school and play the Pokerstars poker school freerolls for the small cash prizes to learn and hone skills.

What other online Poker sited allow users, regardless of where they live to play on their sites?

I'm not entirely 100% sure but usually playing online poker from restricted areas/using vpn or proxy is not a safe option due to the fact that if the room were to detect suspicious activity they can immediately seize funds and ban. That is not to say there aren't people that get away with it fine, it is just not recommended. This is all just what I have read mostly and not from personal experience, although I do use VPN service when not in poker rooms. Hopefully I answered the question you were asking.

GL GL

V

Viktor Krysko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello, I never played that way, I do not know if this is possible, but you try

N

nicopok

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
play poker with tor browser

There is a new room to play poker with tor browser : https://torpoker.gg

This room has a real project with its open source App.

4give4live

4give4live

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I would love to play Pokerstars rooms again, but can't log in from my home location.

I would actually love to just be able to log in to use the Poker stars school and play the Pokerstars poker school freerolls for the small cash prizes to learn and hone skills.

You can use the vpn program. But if you are from America, then this is unlikely to help you.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They may lock your account as soon as you try to make a withdrawal.

N

nicopok

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
VPN is not required to play on torpoker.gg and you won't be blocked for withdrawals, the room has been designed for this.
It is also possible to rent private servers for private games without any censorship.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I do not like browser site software, it is too easy for people to play with BOT software and cheat other users on-line, I only play on sites with there own dedicated software which is regularly updated to fight these type of players.
This is the main reason I only play poker at home and from my laptop computer and never use a mobile phone to play.

N

nicopok

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Torpoker has a dedicated open source app: https://github.com/torpoker/app
There are people playing with bots in all rooms anyway, even pokerstars... If you are afraid of bots, it is possible to rent torpoker private servers without rake.