Is online poker dodgy?

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone think that there are times we get action cards a bit too often? Ive always thought of poker being random, and all my bad beats just being bad luck. But when i look at my KK history on pokertracker, it makes me suspicious. Now i play pocket kings the way im pretty sure most of us do, 3 bet, 4 bet, call an all in. Try to isolate to 1 villain for going to the flop, call flop bet if no ace is out etc. But when i have KK my opponent often has AA, or gets a flush. Now statistically KK is going to win very often against random 2 cards, but i am over 2000 big blinds down from KK. This is bonkers, even by any varience level! Yet when i have AA and they have KK, the King comes on the river!
Its these sort of hands and situations that destroys my profit and im close to giving up with the constant bs, what do you think guys, is online poker programmed to have lots of action so more rake?
Just to finish off i am actually a winning player but only just, about £50, i only play microstakes. But it would be hundreds maybe a thousand if not for the constant bs, i understand at times it does happen, but it seems to happen very often for me :(

Last edited:
fadisn

fadisn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not only you who thinks this way, but you should also remember the times you won all ins with the lowest hands ! How was the looser's feeling ?
Statistically it is really normal that you feel you are always the looser, as it is you against all the others !
I am not saying rigged or luck, but I do feel that there is a rewarding system, towards your last deposits/loose, so sometimes KK wins AA and some times 2 7 not suited wins them both !

D

Dontworry44

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
is it?

in my opinion, i really dont know...

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Some sites appear less random than others. I have trouble on the biggest site.
ACR is my site of choice. That is where I get the best run.
I suggest you guys find a site that works and stay with it.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really every site is the same(atleast most popular ones) you wont have any scamming going on and its all legit, be careful about random sites that are not that known, not saying all of them are bad but just be careful, recommend playing stars party or 888 if ur not from the US, those 3 sites are the best and its all 100% legit whatever some losing players might say or think.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can feel like it when the run bad is happening to you but you won't think anything of it when the run good is happening for you. But the sites wouldn't bother risking anything because they'd just lose their business pretty quickly once it became apparent. Also after watching the PCA live event it just reaffirms poker is a game where anything can happen.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It is not only you who thinks this way, but you should also remember the times you won all ins with the lowest hands ! How was the looser's feeling ?
Statistically it is really normal that you feel you are always the looser, as it is you against all the others !
I am not saying rigged or luck, but I do feel that there is a rewarding system, towards your last deposits/loose, so sometimes KK wins AA and some times 2 7 not suited wins them both !

I used to have this thought/feeling when I began playing online poker back in '08. I made one deposit to Fulltilt and I tripled it in about 2 weeks playing sng's and pot-limit/limit hold'em ring-games. Suddenly my roll began to slowly drop and I noticed that when I had AA or KK they seemed to "not work" (silly me) and lesser hands would seemingly win from out of no where. I found my roll in the single digits and made a deposit. Low and behold I started winning again. This happened at all the major U.S. sites thus allowing me to ponder some conspiracy theory like the one mentioned.
It prompted me to take a serious look at my game and I learned that I was relying on these 'big' hands too much. So I began studying my hand-history and reading everything I could find to help me. The best book I've found, so far, is Gus Hansen's Every Hand Revealed. I then started playing at lesser known sites, one's w/smaller traffic, and I found a better class of players there. The money is the same where ever I play and the graphics/HUD do not matter. Soon I was involved in forums and playing in their games and taking challenges and all that jazz. I made a $30 deposit at intertops and ran it up to over a thousand. I even cashed out a few times prior. I know it's not the best success story, if it's even one at all, but my point is don't get discouraged by losing w/A's and K's. Success is what you make of it. Set little goals and keep grinding away. I think I've written enough, sorry so long. GL! :rock:

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never underestimate the variance, this is only my opinion, but this game is much more violent than what I have read or heard about it so far. The swing is sometimes very long and very hard and it's not only bad beat taking, it's also always having KK when there is AA in front. These are hard times to endure and I think we've all been there already. The real problem is knowing how to stop in the bad run. That is to say do not hesitate to go down to avoid being broke.

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game with many different cards. I do not remember what the exact number of different options for the loss of cards on the table and for each player. Just either the card drops out or not. And most importantly, you need to rest from poker, when tilt and all sorts of bad thoughts come.