A disaster of distress for my brain!

A

Acesandkings392

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I'm new in here, but have been doing some online poker for a few years.

The bid question. How is it possible to master that, sometimes insane, aggresion level that you can see online, specially on PS. And how is it, that thoes crazy players who is both pushing and calling allin's with QJo and even worst combinations, keep running so deep? What is there that they have seen in here that I have missed? I guess Q-Jo is not the worst combination tho. We have all seen out Aces beat'n by both 27o and 93o. And I guess it's seems to be all about them coin flips, and always in them important situasions. And why are everybody with 15bb stack, when ITM, in "Hot's" at PS allin allin allin? Avrage stack is only 20bb. Not much play, to much gambling.

Friday I did run to final table in Hot$5.5 at PS, finding my self with a low stack, 7 players left. Making a bad dessision, playing A8s from UTG, up against one player, and yes, the chip leader it was. Facing his A-Jo. And as you can guess, table gave both J and A. So that was it for me. And Saturday I did get final table at regular MTT $7.5 deep stack. Finding myself to be chipleader with 5 players left. Getting delt KK and raising from UTG+, only to see SB, who was short, shoving his A-Jo. Table gave him a flush with J-high. This turned everything around, and I did end up in pos 4 I think it was. Only up for grab 1.pos was $650. Not to much, but looking at my stats for 2018 (https://pokerprolabs.com/acesandkings392/pokerstars ) I sure take whatever I can get just to get a bit closer to breaking even.

And yesterday, Sunday, I did play the $22 mini sunday million. I think my ending pos was 300-something. And it is in this tourney I find myself on the way to become depressed. I cannot say I had to do to much to get in, and maintain my position in the game, getting dealt Aces and Kings all over the place, and from time to time AK also. I think my stats for that game was around 11/5 of somewhere around 300 hands when busting. But it's again this one hand which turned it all for me. Holding avrage stack times two, in pos 50-something of 500 players left maybe, I made a bet with K-Js from early mid pos. Only 2.5bb, getting 4 players with me. The table turns xJx, one diamond. My suit was heart. I make a new, half pot bet I guess, to players left, one did stay. X-diamond on the turn. Again I make a small bid, and the legend calls. Rivering a 3th daimond. I smallbet him with my top pair and a pretty good kicker. He smallraise me back, I guess only somewhere 2-3x my bet. I start to think about it, a flush? There? Why follow my bet from flop where it was only one daimond? At this stage? Only 500 players left. With a avrage of 30-40bb stack. I can see that fhising in early stage. But here? This deep? I called only to see the Q-J-daimond. And it is in this situasion I belive to find meself not been able to see what appears that someone else see. I sure can see Q-Js play, like this in early stage with 150bb deep stack. But at this point he was playing around 30bb stack.

Sure, we can say he got lucky there. It's also correct I guess, unless he know what card that is coming up, or if he truly did belive his Q-J was gonna hold. And I guess most of the times he is not gonna win that hand. And also my dessision playing K-Js in that position I was in, in the game in total, was a big mistake. Lesson learned. After this I got 6's in my hand, in BB, playing a small raise from position. Him with A2o, and me with 66, only to find three aces on the table. Few hands later, 66 again, super short, shoving and getting called by A-Qo and the river ended my history in $22 Mini Sunday Million this weekend.

I think I just had to let my story out. I find it to be a huge mentale challenge to keep getting into this situasion. Over and over again. I can sure admidt, both Friday's final table, and yesterdays K-Js in $22 mini million was bad dessisions. Thou, yesterday I was ahead and that shorter stack just keept fishing and grab all the chips. I just never see myself in those lucky situasions. You just feel like the luck always hit everyone else. All those how is doing this crazy things in bad positions, getting lucky just to do a super deep run. I held A-9 in BB yesterday, in mini sunday million. Calling a 2.5bb bet from UTG+. Floppin' 5-A-5. Checked to UTG+, who is betting small and I did call. Turning another aces. Checked back to him. Again he make a small bid. I raise him. Just to find him calling. And the river gives a 7. So the table is 5-A-5-A-T. Sins I hoped him not playing 5's or A-T, I shoved my hand. And after a while, he called me, K-Qo. Sure, why not?...good for me, right? Yes. Thou, playing like that, I dont know, thou I guess PS loves it. The player ended up in top30 in $22 sunday million. And things like that make me think? How? This player just gave me 50% of his stack with king high. How can he get that deep? It's just sick.

And them king's on Saturdays final table. That is just a disaster of distress for my brain. It is PS's amazing way to do you from behind. You feel your are struggling so bad to keep your position, fighting for you chips. Only to see shitty hands beating the crap out of you. And when it just keep happening in important positions....Frustration, and even more of it. :turtle:

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tilt is devious

Hi, I'm new in here, but have been doing some online poker for a few years.

And yesterday, Sunday, I did play the $22 mini sunday million. I think my ending pos was 300-something. And it is in this tourney I find myself on the way to become depressed. I cannot say I had to do to much to get in, and maintain my position in the game, getting dealt Aces and Kings all over the place, and from time to time AK also. I think my stats for that game was around 11/5 of somewhere around 300 hands when busting. But it's again this one hand which turned it all for me. Holding avrage stack times two, in pos 50-something of 500 players left maybe, I made a bet with K-Js from early mid pos. Only 2.5bb, getting 4 players with me. The table turns xJx, one diamond. My suit was heart. I make a new, half pot bet I guess, to players left, one did stay. X-diamond on the turn. Again I make a small bid, and the legend calls. Rivering a 3th daimond. I smallbet him with my top pair and a pretty good kicker. He smallraise me back, I guess only somewhere 2-3x my bet. I start to think about it, a flush? There? Why follow my bet from flop where it was only one daimond? At this stage? Only 500 players left. With a avrage of 30-40bb stack. I can see that fhising in early stage. But here? This deep? I called only to see the Q-J-daimond. And it is in this situasion I belive to find meself not been able to see what appears that someone else see. I sure can see Q-Js play, like this in early stage with 150bb deep stack. But at this point he was playing around 30bb stack.

Sure, we can say he got lucky there.

That is just a disaster of distress for my brain. It is PS's amazing way to do you from behind. You feel your are struggling so bad to keep your position, fighting for you chips. Only to see shitty hands beating the crap out of you. And when it just keep happening in important positions....Frustration, and even more of it. :turtle:

Thank U 4 Posting.

What you are describing is tilt. Jared Tendler wrote The Mental Game of Poker Vol 1-2.
Buy the books -read the books- reread the books it will help.

What you are describing above is the way poker tournaments work. They have always been like this, they may always be like this. It is the reason why you can win 100k in one poker tournament but would be lucky to win 5k in a chess tournament.

So if what makes you money in poker drives you crazy, switch to chess. If you buy the above books it will help you understand this concept well.

With the tilt question answered allow me to say you need work on your board reading skills.

KJs vs QdJd. Your open is fine in fact you get called by what we want calling us.
Flop Jxx xd xd. You state you do not know what diamond hand calls the flop. The first thing we look at when the 2 diamond hit the turn is what suit is the J. Then we look at the xx flop cards and say what draw works with those cards which could include diamonds.

In this instance the most obvious diamond draw happened pair of J's with a 3 flush on the flop.
We have to see this on the turn when the back door diamond card hits on the turn. We have to think about it then. Not be afraid of it but start thinking about the river what if's. Have a plan for the river before the river.

One more point the flop xx cards matter. If one of the xx is an 8 non diamond villain could have 109dd. Q10dd /A8dd 108dd 98dd etc the 8 has one over on the flop. If you have AK villain is ahead so of course they call. This is just an example a 7 is also a card that could lead to multiple diamond hands calling. There are many combos of the xx flop cards that loose players could have which end up with a flush on the river.

NL is about not making mistakes. If you read the above books and you work on board reading you will make fewer mistakes. That is all we can control and all we should be trying to control and all we should allow into our thinking process. Thinking about other players luck hurts our game because we may loose focus and start chasing luck.

Read the books they will help and keep working on your game.

Hope this helps.

:):)

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Just a quick point about idiots getting lucky in tournaments:

If you are in a MTTs with 999 bad players that push and call with a lot of less than premium hands the chances that at least some of the bad players will get lucky and build a big stack that can stand to lose a few flips or bad all-ins later.

If you are good you have a better chance to win than 1 in a 1000 but rarely can you be so good that you have 2 to 1000 to win. That means even if you consider yourself twice as good as the field/population you don't have twice the chance to win.

MTTs are always a lot of luck in the short term - due to more all-ins and short stacks in the end game. Much more than cash (and you can run REALLY bad in cash for months also).