That is a quite harsh, and somewhat unfair indictment of the TDA. Here is what I know
1) The Venetian offered the space and amenities to the TDA for free, and they accepted.
2) The TDA doesn't have a budget and the offer was appealing.
3) Matt Savage was all but clueless about RAWA and Adelson's influence
4) The poker community spoke out, pointed out the problem with holding this event at an LVS property.
5) Alex Dreyfus stepped up and offered to underwrite the conference if they held it somewhere else
6) The TDA is now looking at other options, options that were not available at the time the Venetian offer was accepted.
Matt Savage and Linda Johnson are good people who work hard for the good of the game, and while it is important that the issue be raised, all due respect should be shown