Poker Pro Matt Glantz has offered to infect himself with the coronavirus for a price

Ptiza

Ptiza

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's probably gone mad. I wouldn't do something so stupid for any money.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What people do not go to to make themselves known.The one who is looking for the one will always find a virus.Everything is in our head.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I can't say I'd ever formed a strong opinion about Matt Glantz until now but through this one action he's managed to place himself on the douche end of the spectrum.

For him it will likely be nothing more than a bad case of the flu.

I am sure that will be appreciated and applauded by all the relatives and loved ones of the 5 thousand who have passed away (to date) and the tens of thousands who have had to endure this through being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Apparently you can get paid to be infected for medical research... Seemingly £100 a day for two weeks..

I'd be willing to do that...

Highly unlikely it would do me any harm and it would be helping the situation.

If it was for $125k (let alone $250k) I'd bite your arm off! :laugh:

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah $250k is wayyyyyyy above market for this ... seems like a publicity stunt more than anything else?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While its still up for debate, how much of a health risk this virus is, there is no arguing, that it has already caused serious economic turmoil, and that it could get a whole lot worse, before its over. People are losing their jobs and income because of this virus and the changes in behaviour / legislation, it has caused. If someone think, this is something to joke about, then I honestly dont know what to say.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not understand why someone uses such a delicate subject to become famous for a few minutes on the networks, it is a disrespect for the memory of the deceased, the infected, family and for the entire human race that in these weeks has been seen affected by this pandemic, this type of publication is unfortunate, it is a very bad joke

Whilst a pandemic is usually a fairly serious issue said:
all[/B] going to die... :biggrin:

I invite you to ask any infected or family member of someone who has died from this virus, how great is their sense of humor regarding this topic and if they are able to laugh at this joke. the sense of humor is good the laughter is very good for everyone but there are simply topics that you should not joke about

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What makes you think it's a joke?

How do you know he isn't deathly serious and is willing to be infected for $250k?

I certainly would be..!

You do realise that in all likelihood (thanks to the mass stupidity of the human race) that within two years 80% of the population will have contracted the virus?

Be thankful the death rate is so low, for modern medicine and that the virus is nowhere near as lethal as pandemics previous generations have had to suffer through.

Flu on steroids?

Garner some perspective!

Go spend a few weeks in a medieval town during the bubonic plague and then come back to me with the mournful attitude.

Have you recently spent much time considering what the oh-so-marvelous human race has been doing to itself and the agonisingly-beautiful planet it was blessed with over the last few hundred years?

Are you able to look at the situation the human race finds itself in objectively?

I'm not talking about any poxy Mexican beer nonsense, but the WHOLE situation?

Why should nature help anything which can't help itself?

...there are simply topics that you should not joke about

We disagree here.

Comedy, laughter and amusement are good things.

There are no 'topics' which should not be joked about.

Some SPECIFICS should not be joked about, but all topics are open to comedy.

If someone loses a family member to cancer, it would be in extremely poor taste and inappropriate to make a joke about that occurrence. This does not mean that a comedian may never perform material referencing cancer.

Can you see the difference in that example?

Being able to keep your temper, humour and resilience in the face of adversity is something you should aspire to, not be offended by.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Here's what I understand - if you are normally healthy and do end up contracting the virus, following proper procedures to resume to normal health is most important. Not everyone dies from this virus but we do take the risk of passing it on to others (from my understanding it could take up to 5 days before you see any signs of the virus so) Matt may very well be a normally healthy individual, but why in the world would anyone want to take the risk of passing it on to someone else? There are a lot of 'what if's' with this type of scenario.

I'm kinda in the 'rj montana's' camp thinking this could be a publicity stunt, too.

Oh, and by the way, Fundiver's punctuation is just fine. ;)

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What makes you think it's a joke?

How do you know he isn't deathly serious and is willing to be infected for $250k?

I certainly would be..!

You do realise that in all likelihood (thanks to the mass stupidity of the human race) that within two years 80% of the population will have contracted the virus?

Be thankful the death rate is so low, for modern medicine and that the virus is nowhere near as lethal as pandemics previous generations have had to suffer through.

Flu on steroids?

Garner some perspective!

Go spend a few weeks in a medieval town during the bubonic plague and then come back to me with the mournful attitude.

Have you recently spent much time considering what the oh-so-marvelous human race has been doing to itself and the agonisingly-beautiful planet it was blessed with over the last few hundred years?

Are you able to look at the situation the human race finds itself in objectively?

I'm not talking about any poxy Mexican beer nonsense, but the WHOLE situation?

Why should nature help anything which can't help itself?

We disagree here.

Comedy, laughter and amusement are good things.

There are no 'topics' which should not be joked about.

Some SPECIFICS should not be joked about, but all topics are open to comedy.

If someone loses a family member to cancer, it would be in extremely poor taste and inappropriate to make a joke about that occurrence. This does not mean that a comedian may never perform material referencing cancer.

Can you see the difference in that example?

Being able to keep your temper, humour and resilience in the face of adversity is something you should aspire to, not be offended by.

I consider it a joke because he did not use the indicated means to make a gesture of exposing himself to the virus to help the investigations or whatever his purpose that is regarding Matt's twitter probably I am making a bad judgment but it is my opinion and like everyone I have the right to differentiate and express what I think.

About making jokes and a sense of humor in people, of course we disagree, I think that this is not the time for anyone from a stand-up comedian to a person who does not belong to the medium to make humor in this period of time. with this but I repeat it is my opinion and just as you have all the right to express yourself freely, I also have it.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If memory serves (without bothering to reread [the hysteria is rather tiresome]) immediate isolation was part of the deal, therefore removing/eliminating the probability of transmitting the virus to others.

Not taking common sense precautions (let alone the advice from expert scientists) regarding passing on illness is exactly the kind of 'human stupidity' I was referring to..

Having said that, large enough majorities choose to believe fairytales over scientific fact, so, yeahhhhh....

You, can, certainly, over-punctuate, a, sentence, and, make, it, rather, unpleasant, to, read, if, that, is, your, desire, who, is, to, suggest, otherwise?

Please do excuse me for offering well-intended, friendly advice.

It's seems like that is another thing to add to my lengthy list of 'things to refrain from doing'...

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A few days ago I read a post on Facebook that was claiming a European pharmaceutical company was offering money to intentionally infect people for researching a cure. It definitely was a much lower amount ($5000 if I remember correctly) then I would even think twice about. Certainly 250k would be food for thought.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Are you kidding me? If he did like this and would offer to put himself for some tests with medications against the corona virus, okay. He would be a hero probably. But like this, I am really speechless, how silly and stupid people can be and still get attention about this. Somehow such things should not be supported and promoted in my opinion.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
people are sensitive about this kind of stuff. If he did it as some kind of joke or just to get more attention, that's very very low and very very sad.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Matt probably already caught the infection and trying to cash in with it make the most out of it.:icon_scra

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread is proof of the real purpose of the "virus". People spiral and spiral. Hahaha, well played wizards!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I deleted a bunch of posts in this thread that are off topic, way too long and have made the thread impossible to read.

Please keep posts on topic and to the point please.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I deleted a bunch of posts in this thread that are off topic, way too long and have made the thread impossible to read.

Please keep posts on topic and to the point please.

Great idea, fully supported!

:icon_thum

Thank you for keeping the forum great for us all Debi.

:love:

Doesn't seem to me like much has come from this guy's Twitter post so you were probably right, sad attempt at publicity?