Follow up to California poker room raid - the owner pleads her case

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The California poker room owner Jamey Robinson is back under quarantine and telling her side of the story to CardChat reporter Jon Sofen.

Is the current state law unclear?
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]Interview: Owner of Raided Cali Poker Room Says She Operated Within the Law

I don't know all the laws she was subject to.

If Jamey received a letter stating that she could open then the room should be able to open.
But - from the picture one can see that the table looks full and that does not comply with social distancing guidelines and regulations.

Even though most of them seem to be wearing face coverings - they still may not be in compliance. And it may also be a CalOsha issue for the dealer.

That health safety meeting might have provided more details that would have been useful to the establishment before opening.

Those meetings are also useful to be able to pull a health or gov official aside after the meeting for a quick one-on-one. "I know you said only every other table in restaurants - but what about a poker table?"

It sounds to me like she tried to act in good faith. I hope the establishment does not lose its license or any other permanent actions.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unpleasant situation, I hope her license will remain in good condition.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't know all the laws she was subject to.

If Jamey received a letter stating that she could open then the room should be able to open.
But - from the picture one can see that the table looks full and that does not comply with social distancing guidelines and regulations.

Even though most of them seem to be wearing face coverings - they still may not be in compliance. And it may also be a CalOsha issue for the dealer.

That health safety meeting might have provided more details that would have been useful to the establishment before opening.

Those meetings are also useful to be able to pull a health or gov official aside after the meeting for a quick one-on-one. "I know you said only every other table in restaurants - but what about a poker table?"

It sounds to me like she tried to act in good faith. I hope the establishment does not lose its license or any other permanent actions.

My first thought when I saw the picture was basically they were not obeying social distancing criteria at all even if the picture was for information purposes only. Something isn't completely right in my opinion - a lot of holes.