Daniel Negreanu and twitter polls spark plenty of reactions

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean from what I saw it was pretty immature from DN, don't know what he was trying to gain from doing it.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Does DNeg need any popularity? He's done pretty well for himself and is probably doing this for his own amusement, if anything.

S

Sara satterlee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I'm sure he's just trying to get a rise out of people. But I like him.

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am at the point of unfollowing Dnegs. I idolized this guy in my early 20s. He was a gangster at the table and I loved how he played a very cerebral game. Now, he has brought politics into poker . Holy hell, if there is one thing I know poker and politics don't go together. Water and OIL, fire and ice... all that jive.

His last poll about EV being positive or negative based on a trump Avatar rubbed me the wrong way. Yes i voted for Trump. I am a steel mill worker and Obama nearly wiped our industry out with the help of Cheap Chinese steel flooding the market.

I voted for him because he promised to bring american steel back to the forefront and he did so with the section 232 tariffs. We are hiring , expanding and making more than ever .

I don't give a damn what party you represent. In 2008 i voted for Obama , in 2012 I Wrote in Ron Paul. I am a libertarian. The dude is getting really really pathetic with these shots at people for their political beliefs. Then laughing it off like he was making a joke.

Its not a secret he hates Trump. Hes a ****ing Canadian. He shouldn't be worried who our President is. I would LOVE to sit down and play against Negraneau and change his mind about Trump supporters. On and off the poker table......

Im a white male.
Voted for both partied in the General election since I started voting .... I want balance.
I have a gay 17 year old son that came out at 11 years old to me.
I live in the South , Deep South Alabama.
I am not a racist or any other label daniel puts on people who voted for trump. I was just a guy sick and tired of watching my industry go to ruin and he made promises and kept them!
Is he perfect? **** NO.
Will i vote for him again? YES

Dnegs is losing the generation that made him as famous as what he is. People actually liked him. Now it all comes off as very elitist and pathetic.

YungWan

YungWan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't agree with pitting people against each other but I like that Negreanu is getting people talking. Isn't that what he's known for at the tables? :D:icon_joke

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yeah, Daniel absolutely knew what he was doing.

For all his great wsop vlogs there is a petty side to him and whilst he constantly refers to snowflake culture, he is the exact example of a snowflake when he gets called on his crap.

What's worse is the DAT poker podcast has turned into some PR vehicle for Negreanu where Terrance Chan and and Adam Schwarz have to back up/ validate/apologize for Negreanu putting his foot in it on a weekly basis. At one point Terrance when discussing the matter declared 'well, people (broadcasters) should have not entered the 'poll''.

They didn't! Daniel just decided to have 'his' public rate specific people (in a small insular industry) with no ones permission.

This week, as noted elsewhere they spent twenty minutes having Daniel explain away how he had called someone's angle shooting a cool move.

Negreanu is undoubtedly a great player, but he's transparently petty and not remotely as smart or well rounded in life as he appears to think - so, he constantly puts his foot in it.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a while now, Daniel has moved from being a serious grinder to more of an entertainer, and that is great. People just need to adjust and view him more of a personality than the authority of poker.

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think it was a stupid move by Daniel but this isn't, nor will it be the first time he's put his small foot in it! This was just a way to show off how much more popular himself and his "friends" are.