Dan Bilzerian Wanted in Azerbaijan After Firing Weapons in Disputed Region

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we could not charge him for the explosive incident at the aeroprort I do not think that the authorities of Azerbaijan can do anything against this Young and Rich dad's boy

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This does not surprise me at all. Bilzerian has always been reckless in his actions. It will eventually catch up to him but as TopTop said, probably not this time.

Does anyone actually believe that any significant portion of his money came from playing poker? I'd actually be surprised if he's ever made a profit in the game. Kinda odd, a guy who has supposedly amassed his wealth from poker has never been seen in any of the big televised cash games, anywhere. I mean the "King of Instagram" would surely be good for ratings for a show such as Poker after Dark, right? Wonder why nobody has actually seen the guy play anywhere?

JulioJones

JulioJones

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure what the laws are there. I wonder if he just got bored and decided to fire off a couple rounds in the air.

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have loved to watch him shoot that big ole rocket launcher thing.
looks super fun. I say let the guy go free he didn't harm anyone!!!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would have loved to watch him shoot that big ole rocket launcher thing.
looks super fun. I say let the guy go free he didn't harm anyone!!!

Let's just say, if you were granted clearance with the military for a different country than your own and you decided it seemed like a good idea to fire off weapons in a disputed area...hmmm, yeah, he didn't appear to care what happens in that country and any issues that could potentially arise from his actions.

Taken from the article...

Dan Bilzerian, known as the “King of Instagram” and a one-time regular in high stakes poker games, has found himself in trouble with Azerbaijani authorities after firing weapons in a disputed region.

The incident took place in late August while Bilzerian was on a trip to Armenia, where he was granted citizenship and registered for military service along with his brother.

Bilzerian, who has Armenian heritage through his father, spent a total of three days in the country. While on his trip, he posted an Instagram photo with the simple caption of “First day as Armenian citizen,” in which he was seen firing heavy weaponry: a popular pastime for Bilzerian, who once tried to become a Navy SEAL.
This apparently took place at a shooting range, but it was the location of the incident that drew attention from Azerbaijan. Bilzerian had apparently traveled to Nagorno-Karabakh, a disputed territory between the two nations.
Internationally, Nagorno-Karabakh is recognized as being part of Azerbaijan. However, the country does not exercise much authority there: instead, it is mostly governed by the Republic of Artsakh, an Armenian-majority independent state that doesn’t have international recognition, but does enjoy de facto control over the region.
As you might imagine, anything out of the ordinary that happens in that area will immediately raise attention from everyone involved.

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone actually believe that any significant portion of his money came from playing poker? I'd actually be surprised if he's ever made a profit in the game. Kinda odd, a guy who has supposedly amassed his wealth from poker has never been seen in any of the big televised cash games, anywhere. I mean the "King of Instagram" would surely be good for ratings for a show such as Poker after Dark, right? Wonder why nobody has actually seen the guy play anywhere?

I remember an interview he did on Joe Rogan's podcast where Joe tried to grill him repeatedly about where his money came from and the rumors that it was from poker and every time Dan skirted around the question. Never really gave a solid answer.

I've seen him a handful of times playing cash on ACR on Bill Perkins boat and he played terribly. Wish a pro would call him out and really put his "skills" to the test!

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Must be nice to be born a super rich male. Oh wait he made more money than Phil Ivey if he won all his money from Poker.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember an interview he did on Joe Rogan's podcast where Joe tried to grill him repeatedly about where his money came from and the rumors that it was from poker and every time Dan skirted around the question. Never really gave a solid answer.

I've seen him a handful of times playing cash on ACR on Bill Perkins boat and he played terribly. Wish a pro would call him out and really put his "skills" to the test!
I remember those videos. Apparently this rich jerks thought they were above the rules sharing accounts. He played like a cave man. Even I don't play that bad.

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed. Yeah literally some of the worst play I’ve ever seen.

R

Rolco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It is so obvious that his wealth did not originate from poker that it is not worth asking him about it or gossiping about it. Clearly he laundered money or did something else illegal so he is never going to admit where his funds actually came from.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That guy is crazy! ahuahUHUHhaahAHUahhah

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he is a spoiled child who does not value things.

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Put him in prison for pretending to be good at poker and for being short.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"King of the Instagram" Dan does not seem to be the kind of "think of consequences" but rather visits. (he'll get it with this one) But, yes ... Inconsequential :vollkomme

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do I think this current issue is such a big deal? No. I don't personally think so, nobody was hurt and I'm imagining safety precautions being taken at the range. But I do agree with everyone else still, he doesn't think of consequences and it seems as if he feels like he can do anything he wants because of his money. Also curious about where this money came from - as others pointed out I there's no way it all came from poker!