Charlie Carrel Starts His Own Micro-Stakes Bankroll Challenge

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mentioned this on the news thread, but starting from $0 is really tough because you have to compete in massive freerolls that can have 300+ player pools easily and the top prize is usually something small like $2. Starting with $50 or $100 is a lot less grueling to start with you can easily start with 50 buyins for 2 NL or play some micro stake STTs or MTTs.

So it's good to see that he's starting from $50 instead of the $15 like he did before!

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This should be fun to follow. Glad to see someone else is doing a challenge after Doug completed his. Will be sure to follow Charlie's climb up stakes.

Thanks for mentioning.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They say that keeping your first million is harder than making it--not sure if this is true or not--i wonder if he lost his millions in the nosebleed section

inflmara

inflmara

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love watching this guy play i feel like I'm learning a lot and look forward too seeing where this goes.

N

Nutcraker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is he going to play live on twitch ?

K

kisadam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Intresting, I think i try same with 10$:D

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On YouTube and a tvich many shoot video as they try to increase the bank from $10

S

seanbee01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This dude is a beast man, love the twitch/youtube streamers in general learn a lot from them.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Love it when he says the Best students are the ones who are Big punters,,,not guys who sit and wait for AK/PP's and folding 20 times in a row.:D

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Charlie's streaming has been interesting and educational, for sure. I think it's really helpful how he explains his decisions, doesn't just state what he's going to do.
#sogoodatsets

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He actually asked folks to think about situations, and says he will talk through the answers the next day.

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes! Folks should be checking this one out, I have been posting about it a bunch :)

He is the one to really learn something from.

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This should be a good challenge. Charlie is the man. It will be interesting to watch the stream and "pick his brain" so-to-speak.

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just make a cardschat account and there are some better freerolls for you I agree though it is much easier to start at 50 dollars. I’m interested in seeing how this goes for this man.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you can, if you are well versed in poker and know how to read players. I, in turn, perfectly read the players, and I can rise, maybe not up to a million.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will follow him.

Today he was watching a gambling table, where he was playing with other illustrious players.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Shell, should be a good one to follow.
Hopefully there will be a few updates here if we can't follow twitch regularly.
Best would be if he can be convinced to join CardsChat and post some updates and thoughts here himself. :D

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never heard of him but watching now.

B

Benego

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts