Support software to play mtt tournaments.

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello everybody!! I have been thinking for a long time about buying some support software to improve my game, but since my interest is in the mtt microlimit tournaments, I am not sure how useful it really will be and if I will meet the same rivals quite often. My question is if it would still be useful to me in any way? Those who have bought a software exclusively for me, could you give me some advice or would you share your initial experience with it? thanks!!

umyt

umyt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is the first time I've heard this if there is such a thing I will buy it too

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Hi Brancaslim,

There are few things to consider when deciding wheter or not to invest in support software.

1) Without a software that keeps track of your play how do you keep track of your progress or lack of it? Finding leaks and points of improvement usually requires measuring your performance. This alone was enough of a reason for me to buy a third party tool.

2) How trivial is the price of the software to you? If spending 70-100 dollars makes no difference to you then go for it. But if it's money taken out from something more important then you can always postpone the purchase. After all, as useful as it is, the software does not perform miracles.

3) Where do you play? Many poker rooms ban the use of third party software, and if you play in such enviroment then the only usefulness of the software comes from analyzing your own hands. You should always read carefully your poker room's TOS before using any third party tool.

4) You should always think poker in long term. You migh not see the same opponents tomorrow or the day after, but if you keep grinding the same levels over and over, sooner or later you will see the same players again, and then the usefulness of the software might start to pay off.

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hi Nafor!!

Hi everyone!! Thank you for providing your opinion, if it really would be an important expense at this time, but when playing mtt you always tend to click big fees and I would like to invest when my bank is higher than necessary in software, since I want to dedicate myself professionally to poker , but I will consider every point you have marked me and I will surely postpone the purchase for the future. UMYT there are several support software among which stand out "hold'em manager" and "poker traker", there are more ... I would lean towards the first one, but I have not read much about it. Surely when I am decided, I will be better informed. Cheers!!