Optimal HUD stats

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing in a 9 handed MTT, what HUD stats are ideal to aim for? I recently played in the $100 Cardschat freeroll using a HUD for the first time, and I was surprised by the statistics! I thought I was playing much tighter, but my VPIP was about 40. I finished 9th in the tournament, but I got lucky multiple times. Would anybody recommend certain targets for different statistics that will improve my game? :)

stillgotouts

stillgotouts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This^
But I have my own questions:
Is it possible to be a good online player without a HUD? My computer won't run one right now. My bankroll isn't big enough to buy one out of. Thanks!

LarsLucidor

LarsLucidor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it comes down to more of the range you play than a percentage to aim for. They will vary throughout the tournament as well. I'd recommend to have your range and game plan ready beforehand and if it's a good range and plan you will end up within what's considered good stats.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This^
Is it possible to be a good online player without a HUD? My computer won't run one right now. My bankroll isn't big enough to buy one out of. Thanks!

It helps you find leaks in your game. Also if you're multi table and not paying attention it is helpful to have the stats when it is time to play a certain player. It can help guide you in adjusting your play vs certain players.

You don't need one to be a winning player.

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This^

I've just been using the pokercopilot 30 day trial! I won't be spending any money on one either. It's been pretty helpful to in identifying the range that I'm playing.

It helps you find leaks in your game. Also if you're multi table and not paying attention it is helpful to have the stats when it is time to play a certain player. It can help guide you in adjusting your play vs certain players.

You don't need one to be a winning player.

Thanks for the response! I've definitely noticed some leaks in my game over the past few days of using it.

I guess it comes down to more of the range you play than a percentage to aim for. They will vary throughout the tournament as well. I'd recommend to have your range and game plan ready beforehand and if it's a good range and plan you will end up within what's considered good stats.

Thanks for the advice! I used this today to tighten up my range and preflop raise %. Didn't play too well, but maybe it was just a bad day..

Last edited by a moderator:
JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing in a 9 handed MTT, what HUD stats are ideal to aim for? I recently played in the $100 Cardschat freeroll using a HUD for the first time, and I was surprised by the statistics! I thought I was playing much tighter, but my VPIP was about 40. I finished 9th in the tournament, but I got lucky multiple times. Would anybody recommend certain targets for different statistics that will improve my game? :)
I would suggest not worrying about the actual stats themselves, but focus on playing unexsploitable ranges based off possition.... after about a month of so of consistent play to a very strict range, then evaluate your HUD stats....

Are thier "optimal HUD stats"? In general yes.... but they also very.... for instance a player that is 12/7 are gonna be super tight, as long as they are agressive post flop chances are your not wanting to play this type of player OOP much....

While a player around 23/20 are also very good, and probably very balanced....

While you can also have players as high as 34/27 who like to see a lot of flops, and typically play postflop very well.... but wont show down much cause they dont want others to pin point thier actual reange....

What do all these have in common? They are always open raising, never limpping, and they are rarely calling OOP. Yea 3Bets can very based off player type... with a tight player calling a lot more OOP, and 3Betting IP with a 3bet around 5-7.... the problem with this player is, if you 3Bet them, be prepare to either 5Bet or call a 4Bet. If you dont plan to do that, flat when IP.....

The other 2 can have 3Bet stats anywhere between 5-15.... it really just depends.... in general though, (as long as your a respected player) the higher the 3Bet is along with the VPIP/PFR are, the more likely they are to fold to 4Bets.... so basicly we tighten up againts these players, and 3Bet/4Bet them alot! But widen your flatting range on the BTN, and just let then spew off when you have top pair or higher....

P

popluck777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good evening, I downloaded hund2not and I'm not sure how to configure it, can anyone help me? and does hand2not show the statistics in real time?

When playing in a MTT 9 handed, what stats are ideal for aim? . Would anybody recommend certain targets for different statistics that will improve my game?

Last edited by a moderator:
LarsLucidor

LarsLucidor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the advice! I used this today to tighten up my range and preflop raise %. Didn't play too well, but maybe it was just a bad day..
Better luck next time! It takes practice to be comfortable with a game plan. Slowly but surely you'll get there.

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better luck next time! It takes practice to be comfortable with a game plan. Slowly but surely you'll get there.

What exactly do you mean by game plan? Like starting to play tighter at a certain stage? or goals for each level? I feel like I am just playing each hand as it goes and don't really have a preset plan. Thanks!

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good evening, I downloaded hund2not and I'm not sure how to configure it, can anyone help me? and does hand2not show the statistics in real time?

When playing in a MTT 9 handed, what stats are ideal for aim? . Would anybody recommend certain targets for different statistics that will improve my game?

I haven't tried hund2not unfortunately.. Was it free? You might like to try the 30 day trial of Poker Copilot. I've been using it, and it's really straight forward and easy to set up for MTT's and cash games. Also, be sure that the HUD you're using is compatible with the site that you are playing on.. I downloaded one that wouldn't work with ACR. Best!

LarsLucidor

LarsLucidor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What exactly do you mean by game plan? Like starting to play tighter at a certain stage? or goals for each level? I feel like I am just playing each hand as it goes and don't really have a preset plan. Thanks!
More like adjusting to the blinds as well as knowing how to handle certain kind of players. Against which player type you widen or tighten your range. You should have a plan for every hand before you play them depending on the table you're at.

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would suggest not worrying about the actual stats themselves, but focus on playing unexsploitable ranges based off possition.... after about a month of so of consistent play to a very strict range, then evaluate your HUD stats....

Are thier "optimal HUD stats"? In general yes.... but they also very.... for instance a player that is 12/7 are gonna be super tight, as long as they are agressive post flop chances are your not wanting to play this type of player OOP much....

While a player around 23/20 are also very good, and probably very balanced....

While you can also have players as high as 34/27 who like to see a lot of flops, and typically play postflop very well.... but wont show down much cause they dont want others to pin point thier actual reange....

What do all these have in common? They are always open raising, never limpping, and they are rarely calling OOP. Yea 3Bets can very based off player type... with a tight player calling a lot more OOP, and 3Betting IP with a 3bet around 5-7.... the problem with this player is, if you 3Bet them, be prepare to either 5Bet or call a 4Bet. If you dont plan to do that, flat when IP.....

The other 2 can have 3Bet stats anywhere between 5-15.... it really just depends.... in general though, (as long as your a respected player) the higher the 3Bet is along with the VPIP/PFR are, the more likely they are to fold to 4Bets.... so basicly we tighten up againts these players, and 3Bet/4Bet them alot! But widen your flatting range on the BTN, and just let then spew off when you have top pair or higher....

Thanks so much for the response! I have been wondering about if the actual VPIP and and PFR matter more, or if the ratio between the two matters more.. Based on your answer, it seems that as long as your VPIP and PFR are fairly close, you can be a decent player. As for the 4bet and 5bet, I am mostly playing in freeroll tournaments where the blinds raise fairly quick so there are not many deep stacked players. Typically if someone is three betting, the 4-bet is a shove, and a lot of times even the 3 bet is a shove. Also, what # of hands do you prefer to have on a player before you start acknowledging the HUD stats? Is 25-50 sufficient?

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks so much for the response! I have been wondering about if the actual VPIP and and PFR matter more, or if the ratio between the two matters more.. Based on your answer, it seems that as long as your VPIP and PFR are fairly close, you can be a decent player. As for the 4bet and 5bet, I am mostly playing in freeroll tournaments where the blinds raise fairly quick so there are not many deep stacked players. Typically if someone is three betting, the 4-bet is a shove, and a lot of times even the 3 bet is a shove. Also, what # of hands do you prefer to have on a player before you start acknowledging the HUD stats? Is 25-50 sufficient?
It really depends, if your playing freerolls it's pretty obvious right out of the gate for the most part. People limp with almost anything, will only raise with pairs or suited paint.... these players you want to be agressive, but if they bet into you and you have anything less then middle pair no draw. Just let it go.... against these players I found a customer stat on PT4 that will give you a limp % outside of SB for MTTs. And I add calling PF raise % along with AF (Agression factor). Higher the limp, and lower the call the more you should be raising them in positions, and lower the AF the more you should be respecting thier bets post flop.... typically a freeroll player will be something like 45/2 that's why we add calling and limping % so that 45/2 will have a 37 calling /43 open limp.... so this player not only limps, but calls over half the time when he is raised.... so we just flat this player a lot in position....

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends, if your playing freerolls it's pretty obvious right out of the gate for the most part. People limp with almost anything, will only raise with pairs or suited paint.... these players you want to be agressive, but if they bet into you and you have anything less then middle pair no draw. Just let it go.... against these players I found a customer stat on PT4 that will give you a limp % outside of SB for MTTs. And I add calling PF raise % along with AF (Agression factor). Higher the limp, and lower the call the more you should be raising them in positions, and lower the AF the more you should be respecting thier bets post flop.... typically a freeroll player will be something like 45/2 that's why we add calling and limping % so that 45/2 will have a 37 calling /43 open limp.... so this player not only limps, but calls over half the time when he is raised.... so we just flat this player a lot in position....

very interesting! I appreciate the insight. I have not been looking at limping % or calling %. I'll have to look at this in the next freeroll I play.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use default stats for now which are VPIP, PFR and Aggression. Good free alternative to paid programs is easy poker hud also.

EllinLucky

EllinLucky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stop use hud, because I play microlimits. l think it's don't nessesary if play every time with different players. I tell about pokerstars.