Would you push?

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't need much math here. 7 1/2 bbs left. Yes, I would shove here.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its that sng are mtt?...in sng i would fold in mtt i would shove

R1temp

R1temp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the tournament is turbo or hyperturbo, it is possible push/

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes. It's a better than decent hand...first reaction.

My second reaction is to consider a raise for something less than half of "woohoo's" stack in order to entertain a possible bluff and then go all in. I have played against several of the players shown and this is definitely a CC FRC game.

Last edited:
P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely push, bb rarely have hand better than you

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you prefer not to risk your stack with a medium strength hand, pushing usually has a similar profit, with less risk

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on the timing of the tournament, but although a reasonable good hand would be risky bet your whole stack

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It depends on 2 things if is a turbo tournament, you have less than 8 BB's in this level (the next level means certainly death), if you wait till get a monstrous hand your stack will die quickly enough (and you won't get a monstrous hand). And if there is a long time to enter in ITG (In the Money), like more than 200 players till get there, so if your spot match this 2 considerations, you should go all in.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends. I see you are already ITM, but what type of tournament is this ? What is the payout structure ? There are 2 other stacks that are about to be blinded away (610 and 559) plus another one not too far behind. So, if the payout amounts for the next 2-3 spots are big jumps, then you might want to fold.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I would push because you have only 7 BB left so you can't do nothing different there

csubu

csubu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT or SNG? if SNG : (8BB)..i think move all in.. King high on SB..

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with 8BB it does not matter if it's a S&G or MTT I push, the only way that I do not do the push is if i´m very close to the ITM in a MTT

AMTTT

AMTTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why just give up and push the weak cards can still be patient for a normal arm, I would have thrown a hand

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have called. The stack size and so small. If on the flop of K and A without I would have made the size of a raise in 75% of the pot. If I thought that my opponent has a draw then a combination of the size of a raise in the pot. Although it all depends on the tournament format. If this freeroll then perhaps I would prefer to see the turn because freerolls on your opponents can make a call even the size of his entire stack when the chance is very small, and catch a flush or straight. Then I would reduce their chances to a minimum.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
definitely push there

K

krezip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd push worse hands than K8. If the BB is knowledgeable he'd probably call you with less than K8 to be honest!

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it a Big Blind Ante type of game? If so, you could try your luck for a few more hands without losing any extra chips. I don't know if that would be wise, though. I think it's absolutely ok to shove there unless there are ICM implications going on, like a huge pay jump in the next few eliminations.

S

stamark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
King high with a good kicker in this spot is a definite push unless you were on bubble of course

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely. You have just over 3 M, which is virtually nothing, and K8 is ahead of a decent amount of hands heads up. Your range in this position has to be very wide if you hope to survive any longer.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This was a CC freeroll or buy in & yes I would shove.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Super easy shove, any king is a shove in that spot i belive.

IraiseThePot

IraiseThePot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The correct way in this exact spot with this number of BB is every pair, any A,K,Q, J6o+,T6o+,96o+,75o,65o and every suited hand,even like 52s.