What's a good bankroll to start at the micros with?

P

phatdinosaur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to grind freerolls until I have a respectable balance. What do you think I should save up to before I take it to the micros? $10? $25? Trying to account for variance, provided I'm good enough.

A

abyk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$100 is good to start off with, but if you're new to online poker, stay away from cash games.

Stick to smaller sit and goes and not large tournaments. Small bank roll means you need to depend on winning more frequently, so you can't play the large tournaments to depend on cashing out once in a while.

Cash games could work, but I feel that they are more riskier.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stay away from cash especially high rake bot infested micros

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$40-$50 should do for 1/2 cents which is 20-25 buy ins. Personally i would play 6 max cash but thats just my preference. I have never had an issue on any sites with bots. And never had an issue beating the lowest stakes for good win rates.

honeycrush

honeycrush

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing micro cash on Stars with a $60 bankroll and it worked out well for me as I had enough of a buffer that I never went broke.

With MTTs the variance is so much higher so you would need at least $100 if you're playing up to $1 tournaments. Probably best to start with SnGs if you are a beginner as there is less variance than with MTTs and the are a bit easier (less tough spots and hard decisions) than cash.

Good luck!

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep playing freerolls when you're playing well just spend the amount of money you will not miss in case you lose.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with $25 and built my bank roll through freerolls and .50 or lower buy-ins. I'd always try to keep a 1:50 buy-in ratio while learning and building and not touch cash games as others have said. If you're able to start wit $50 it can't hurt, I'd move to the 1:100 buy-in ratio and then once you keep building you can increase your stakes.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have less then 100$ - play freerolls. If you have 100$ play cash NL2 or MTT 0.5-1$ buy in.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I'm trying to grind freerolls until I have a respectable balance. What do you think I should save up to before I take it to the micros? $10? $25? Trying to account for variance, provided I'm good enough.

I think, I support opinion of majority, USD100 are fine to start and play in Tournaments and MTT with low buy-in.

It is also good to start playing at cash games with Blinds of .02 /.04, that will help you to better manage your bankroll and create a gambling habit with moderate risk. :captain:

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100 buyins for mtt 50 for cash games, if you do score a large win from an mtt dont move up higher then 2x your original role for example, br $100 and you win $500 from an mtt just move up to $200 bankroll rules. This stops you from playing higher then your skill level and will preserve your bankroll through out the swings.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
novice players can play and start from 10 dollars to raise a bankroll - for beginners it is better to play Sit-and-Go to 0.10-0.25-0.50 cents but it is long and hard, and if you think you know how to play well from 25-50-100 dollars you can play good expensive tournaments and win big prizes for your bankroll!

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I wouldn't put in any money at all. You first need to study and practice...both are free, there is an enormous amount of info right here on CC and there are loads of freerolls around to get some experience on

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi !!!I bet you have to invest in everything.when you worry about your blood, and play almost optimally, when there is nothing to treasure, then you make a lot of mistakes, from 10,20,50 dollars will not impoverish but the adrenaline and good experience you will get!!!good luck!!!

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The max buy in for 1c/2c is $2.00

So put in $2.00 and make it to $25.00.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To play NL2, you must have at least 50$.With 10$ you can be beaten by dispersion.

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whatever your starting bankroll is, just stay to the limits that youre rolled for. nothing kills my streaks of success like raising limits and taking too many shots. aside from getting stubborn trying to beat a game that you should just get out of.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi how are you? If you are just beginning I suggest you at least think between 50 and 70 buy-in tournaments, and think 100 Buy-in if it's effective. I hope this advice helps you friend. It is precisely because if the variance of the game takes you against

vokrugdookola

vokrugdookola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend playing 888 poker freerolls and SNG 10max 10c

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Minimum buy in is fifty bucks when you pay.

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls you can win a dollar, play a tournament for it, win and get at least 10-100

F

fastfash25

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to start a website with nothing. When a few free rolls and see if you can get up to a couple hundred bucks

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depends on what you want to play. For cash you want to have 25 buys in as a good starting point. For tourneys it will depend on the size of the games you are playing as well. If the game you are playing are with 800+ players you may want to have 200 buys ins to start due to the variance. If they are 200-250 players 100 buy in would be good enough.

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$100 sounds good to me. I`d stick with daily plays at $1.10 or less and maybe a weekly play up to $3.30. When you increase your bankroll you might make the $3.30 your daily. If you need you can still lean on the freerolls to help fund your play.

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually switch from freerolls to real money small stakes mtt whem I hit for more than 10 dollars. If I loose I go back to the freeroll circuit.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management