From tiling to stacking

A

alex5207

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey CC'ers

First of all I am a low stakes stt player.

Atm I am playing 15 tables tiled (maximum i can have on my monitor) profitably, but I want to put my volume in and upgrade to 20-30 tables, so I tried obviously i need to begin stacking my tables. I've tried it w. 15-20 tables (which I can play profitable tiled), but I seem to lose money when doing it.

Does anybody in here have som good tips of the transition from tiled to stacked? And just playing stacked tables in general

Note: I am playing on a mac so I don't have the options of using tableninja, table of interest etc.

Thanks in Advance :)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what i did when i played 20-25 tables of low limits is to stagger start times and played in sets.

So i'd load 15 straight up, once they are loaded wait 5 minutes and load another 5, then wait another 5 minutes and load another 5 for my set of games. Just gave me some breathing room in late game if i ran well i tended to make more mistakes 2-3 handed as i had far less time.

If you want to make better use of your time, learning to play continuous is better. so perhaps stick with playing 15 but just continuously load them for longer periods and it should equal more volume over time and a more efficient way of doing things.

Also, try to just move up slowly, don't just go from 15 - 25/30 tables, it never works. Nothing good happens overnight, just let it come naturally as you add one table at a time while still being able to put the same amount of thought into decisions.

The other thing that can help is the use of programs like table ninja. I like to have one big main stack, then have hotkeys setup for tables that i want to concentrate more on, or 3 handed or HU play in general i can hit a hotkey and the table will pop up next to my main stack.

But just experiment to find out what works for you, i've tried pretty much every setup imaginable and settled for a multistack setup where i have 3 tables on my screen with 1-3 tables in each stack, then i have the 4th stack free for games i want to concentrate on. have all my hotkeys setup the way that i like, HUD is streamlined and easy to read in game all those things help a lot.

hope this babble helps.

PS. that's why you don't ever purchase a mac....

A

alex5207

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what i did when i played 20-25 tables of low limits is to stagger start times and played in sets.

So i'd load 15 straight up, once they are loaded wait 5 minutes and load another 5, then wait another 5 minutes and load another 5 for my set of games. Just gave me some breathing room in late game if i ran well i tended to make more mistakes 2-3 handed as i had far less time.

If you want to make better use of your time, learning to play continuous is better. so perhaps stick with playing 15 but just continuously load them for longer periods and it should equal more volume over time and a more efficient way of doing things.

Also, try to just move up slowly, don't just go from 15 - 25/30 tables, it never works. Nothing good happens overnight, just let it come naturally as you add one table at a time while still being able to put the same amount of thought into decisions.

The other thing that can help is the use of programs like table ninja. I like to have one big main stack, then have hotkeys setup for tables that i want to concentrate more on, or 3 handed or HU play in general i can hit a hotkey and the table will pop up next to my main stack.

But just experiment to find out what works for you, i've tried pretty much every setup imaginable and settled for a multistack setup where i have 3 tables on my screen with 1-3 tables in each stack, then i have the 4th stack free for games i want to concentrate on. have all my hotkeys setup the way that i like, HUD is streamlined and easy to read in game all those things help a lot.

hope this babble helps.

PS. that's why you don't ever purchase a mac....

Hey Wizzim, thanks for replying!

I see your points - Btw I am using a HUD which helps me a lot.
Today I've had a couple sessions stacking 20 tables and I am breaking even, so I'm confident it's moving the right way!

Thanks for helping! ;)

Alex

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah well just keep an eye on it. i found if i played over 15 tables my ROI started to reduce drastically. So play a large sample, then find out how much you make multitabling with your tracker to find the optimal amount of tables for you.

If you play seriously you are looking to maximize hourly rate not ROI, so personally 15 tables was best for my ROI, but 18 was best for my hourly, anything past that started to decline too much overall. But that doesn't mean 18 is the max, just means i might need to get more experience, or streamline decisions in game more to be able to play more than 20 at a profitable rate. Anyways, just keep in mind you might not be making the most you can long term if you jump to having too many tables too quickly, it's a common problem.

tARsh

tARsh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get a second monitor and keep playing tiled.

Dlew123

Dlew123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe try going up in stakes to 5 10

and less tables

it could be the same good effect

B

beninu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe try going up in stakes to 5 10

and less tables

it could be the same good effect

What do you mean by moving up in stakes to 5 10 when the OP started by saying he is a STT player?
Judging from the amount of tables he play in one online poker-room, I assume he must be playing Stars. TMK there aren't any 5$ or 10$ STTs on Stars? What exactly are you talking about when you say moving up in stakes to 5 10?

Please elaborate ....

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are some poker software to help you play in more tables like: tableninja2, table optimizer, StackAndTile poker software
check them out!