Shoving pre flop for heaps.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always see players shoving all in pre flop in many of the CardsChat tournaments. Often these shoves simply win the blinds and antes. Many times I see this tactic very early on in level 1 or 2. Most times the player is uncalled. The few times they are called they usually have a premium hand or they have any 2. Which leads me to my question , why shove a monster hand preflop and most likely chase away any value you may get. ?

When I have AA I want to win more than the small and big blind. If this tactic is in your arsenal can you tell me the success level you have with it?

I understand shoving preflop in later stages or when you have 20 ish or less bigs but shoving 50-150 bigs seems counterintuitive.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've also asked this question before. I realized one thing that some play for fun, and others to raise their own level of play. After this 'revelation' I began to learn patience and the ability to make decisions that will increase my level of play.

M

Majari_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess they are hoping for easy double up if someone else has a hand as well. But as you said shoving over 50 bigs is crazy and I would only call it with KK or AA at any point of tournament.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always see players shoving all in pre flop in many of the CardsChat tournaments. Often these shoves simply win the blinds and antes. Many times I see this tactic very early on in level 1 or 2. Most times the player is uncalled. The few times they are called they usually have a premium hand or they have any 2. Which leads me to my question , why shove a monster hand preflop and most likely chase away any value you may get. ?

When I have AA I want to win more than the small and big blind. If this tactic is in your arsenal can you tell me the success level you have with it?

I understand shoving preflop in later stages or when you have 20 ish or less bigs but shoving 50-150 bigs seems counterintuitive.

It's better to go Allin right away, because it's hard to throw AA out later. If a lot of players go to the flop, then the chances of a straight, two pairs, a full house, a Flush, and so on increase. When one or two players can answer Allin at once and this increases the chances of a good win. They didn't come in...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont do this myself. But I have seen people open shove AA for 50+BB and get called by the most incredible hands, because someone just has to play the table sheriff. And if you can get that kind of result, then its actually not a bad strategy. As for shoving random hands, I guess, its a "go strong or go home" mentality. You cant loose in freerolls, and some people dont want to waste their time, unless they have a decent chance of cashing.