Should online satellites end at seat bubble?

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard varying opinions on this. Say you are in an online satellite, and the seat bubble just burst, so everyone will be awarded the same prize, and there are no additional prizes for finishing higher. Should the tourney then play on to a winner, or just stop and pay everyone their seats?
During my poker career, I have had differing opinions on this. Right now though, I'd like to see it play on to a winner. I always want to win.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but you did win if you won a seat into a satellite. lets say 10 players took a seat, then there are 10 1st place winners.

but you want there to be a 1st place, 1st place winner? what prize would a 1st place, 1st place winner get that the other satellite winners didn't? bragging rights?

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is like there was made a deal in a real tournament, every player gets the same prize, and this prize is a buy-in or seat or ticket or tournament dollars for the target tourney.
And because this deal was made, the tourney ends and all can go home :)
Playing on would not result in any (higher) prize for anyone, thats why it would make no sense to play after the prizes are reached.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the satty should end, there is no reason to waste time, screen space, and server space for no reason.

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello everyone! I think that an extra prize could be generated for the winner, this would change the way of playing the tournament, but I am especially attractive to satellites because the prize is equally among those who manage to enter ITM, I think if you take away tickets To pay more to the first, this distribution should not affect so much, that is to say, for example, if 300 players play and there are 22 tickets, no more than 2 tickets should be taken out to pay the winner.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I agree with the satty just ending. In the end people are trying to make money. If there's no additional reward it's a poor investment of my time in my opinion.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see a problem either way - if people want to keep playing to win then I would say fair enough. But even if that was possible for me, I would just leave the tourney because I have already won.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but you did win if you won a seat into a satellite. lets say 10 players took a seat, then there are 10 1st place winners.

but you want there to be a 1st place, 1st place winner? what prize would a 1st place, 1st place winner get that the other satellite winners didn't? bragging rights?

Of course, bragging rights. There is no difference between 1st and 10th, in your example, but I always want to be the winner. Tilt, for example, used to play its satellites down to winners. But it usually became an all in fest after the bubble broke.

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, there is no need to continue the tournament after determining the winners in the satellite. 10, 20 or 200 prizes. This is why it is a satellite because it specifies the number of identical winners in advance.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think the satty should end, there is no reason to waste time, screen space, and server space for no reason.

This in a nutshell. A satellite is what it is - a satellite - you know what you were entering as did everyone else. It would just be a colossal waste of resources to allow satellites to play through to conclusion just to satisfy any given player's ego. For what?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would just be a colossal waste of resources to allow satellites to play through to conclusion just to satisfy any given player's ego. For what?

And how much of an accomplishment would it even be to win, when everyone else are either sitting out or going all in every hand, because they have acheived their goal already :)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
And how much of an accomplishment would it even be to win, when everyone else are either sitting out or going all in every hand, because they have acheived their goal already :)

Exactly!

At least half the field is clued in, will build a stack to the degree they cover the ticket bubble and so ease off already and barely play if the end line is in sight as it is.

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard varying opinions on this. Say you are in an online satellite, and the seat bubble just burst, so everyone will be awarded the same prize, and there are no additional prizes for finishing higher. Should the tourney then play on to a winner, or just stop and pay everyone their seats?
During my poker career, I have had differing opinions on this. Right now though, I'd like to see it play on to a winner. I always want to win.
I always want to win, too. I've finished every tournament to the end, including satellites with the same prices for all.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly!

At least half the field is clued in, will build a stack to the degree they cover the ticket bubble and so ease off already and barely play if the end line is in sight as it is.

Then there's the one idiot who goes all in every hand

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to see a winner, you can play a normal MTT instead.
By the way, every ticket winner is a winner :)

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with continuing is did you really win? After the ITM is reached I know I wouldn't care what happens so I would just log out. Others might just go all in with nothing so what I am trying to say is a majority of the players wouldn't play it like they would if it was a real final table so you are gaining no skill or value in playing it out.

Poker Tells