puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Once in a while you will flop what looks like the nuts. This does not mean you will win.

In the two examples, I think you were in a position to call on the second one. The first hand was not worth playing. Both hands aren't particularly good but the K3s you had the chips to go for a look. However, the other players would have had to let you see the flop for cheap. You could easily have gotten raised into an awkward spot.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the first hand you had an open from UTG +1. You have an ace so you have some blockers to a lot of their range. So it could seem like a strong pockets or something that has you dominated. Now if you were deep stacked then you could call. You have 13bb I’d say this is a fold due to position and stack depth. Now if you have KQ,KJ, KT in their range and find they open loose from this position. You could jam back as a bluff but know how to work that into your own range. Then 2nd is just a fold. Position and hand strength. Let’s say you did call. Then you get raised that’s not good because most of what they have has got you dominated especially if you have another call. Now let’s say you raise and get 3bet. You’ll have to lay it down. Both in the long run need to be folds with some exceptions to position, stack size, reads and ICM.